Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lace front pieces -- really undetectable?
08-15-2009, 02:44 PM,
Lace front pieces -- really undetectable?
Hey guys.
I've been very nearly convinced to go the route of a piece again, only this time with lace fronts. Here's what I've read negatively about them, though this was in the case of Beyonce, not a male piece:

1. On TV or in photos it isn't as detectable, but in every day conversation, close up with people, in sunlight or natural light, the lace can be visible, even obvious.

2. Facial expressions that involve the furrowing or extending of the brow, or other exagerated expressions, or excessive sweating, can all make the lace visible, and can even look very odd (warping or bubbling)

Is this true? Is the undetectability that we see in example photos and videos kind of not the whole truth, and it's more a matter of the close up conversations we have with people on patios, or on the street, in daylight or twighlight .. those situations being revealing?

I could only do this if the lace indeed is fully invisible in every lighting situation. Sure, this one article I read could be wrong, but it could also be right? After all, we've all seen that photograph of Travolta with his lace showing, right?

Matt
08-15-2009, 06:39 PM,
Re: Lace front pieces -- really undetectable?
Hi Matt,
I am no expert when it comes to wearing lace systems- been wearing only since this Jan- so take whatever i say with a pinch of salt.
1. Lace front properly glued does disappear quite well. I tend to wear with density of around 65-70% and i dont a have a problem of it being noticed by anybody. i also cut my lace right down to the hairline. I guess with Travolta's pic, he had quite a bit of lace left in the front. There is some truth in that naked eyes always pick up things that even good cameras dont.
honestly, i have been asked a couple of times if i do wear, and it was not under bright light or anything- most embarrassing. But that was not due to the front. It was mainly due to not getting the density right and the same people have also remarked why am i wearing when my own hair(what they had seen me maybe week back) is good. so that made me feel good in way that most times i am able to fool people.
2. Facial expressions might have an effect if you wear your system real low. If you wear it 3 to 4 fingers up from the eye brow, it will not be an issue. Anyways, wearing it low might make some of us look like a ware wolf.
So my advise is , get the density right and go for it. Even if some people still suspect, so what. I know i look better with hair than without. The impression/picture others are also going to carry of me is of one with hair so it's still ok.
08-16-2009, 08:55 AM,
i've been wearing since 2 years now and if lace is applied with glues correctly it can be 90% undetectable ,in some lightening and angles from upclose u can see the lace but stil i look better than slapped head Big Grin
08-17-2009, 08:20 AM,
They are 100% undetectable in my experience. I've never had any problems with SFS front, or evem #64

Not sure about the other bases, but from all the situations I've been in lace is perfection...
08-17-2009, 11:07 AM,
See, that's where I'm getting worried about doing this, some of you claim it's 100% undetectable, fully invisible in all lights and from all angles, and some of you are saying that it's noticeable at certain angles or in certain lighting conditions.

Who is right? Or is it just a matter of how well the attachment is done?
08-17-2009, 02:20 PM,
matthew, don't wear. Honestly, based on the way you sound I would say that you are, in fact, not at all a good candidate for a hairpiece - any kind. Just shave your head or cut it short and move on. Best advice you're gonna get here man

If you get a piece you are going to obsess about it and hate it and eventually you'll stop wearing anyway. Why waste your time, money and energy on it only to take it off and go all natural? You are too freaked out about it and trust me, you won't get over it, you'll always be freaked out.

Like ba says, "this game ain't for everyone". You most certainly fall into that category.
08-17-2009, 02:27 PM,
I don't believe that. I'm not actually that freaked out about it. I already wore once before, and besides the detectability issues (it was a thinskin, not lace), and the rash from the glue, I felt better with it. Now that I've gotten rid of it, I've had a good chance to realise that I was better with hair.

It's not an issue of me obsessing about it when I have it. I'm trying to get a very fixed perspective of whether or not this "pure undetectability" is really truth, or if it's exagerration, before I go and shave my poor head again and try a second go around, that's all.

Shaving my head is not an option. It looks awful. Wasn't built for it.

So if anybody can give me further insight, that'd be super awesome. Thx.
08-17-2009, 03:42 PM,
ok, then to answer your question: NO, it's not 100% undetectable. To expect that is to be unrealistic and to be unrealistic means you shouldn't be wearing. it can be 98% undetectable (whatever that % means) if you get a great attachment and conditions are ideal. But you won't always have a perfect attachment. One must error on the side of lower expectations. i predict you will go back to wearing hair and then realize it's not for you and then continue the cycle a few more times.
08-18-2009, 04:16 AM,
NotGuilty, thank you for your optimism.

Any less cynical people want to chime in? 98% ain't bad.
08-18-2009, 05:24 AM,
Well, for me it's 100% undetectable. Maybe for some that isn't the case, I don't know. Maybe it depends on your expectations.

Realistically, in all lighting situations SFS is pretty amazing. But I'm sure there are exceptions. So 98% would be realistic!