Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First post in years. New style with some pictures
05-07-2012, 09:10 AM,
RE: First post in years. New style with some pictures
Hey Baldrich.. Since the pictures of the underside don't really show the outline of the unit that well. I drew an outline of what it sort of looks like it. Its something like this.. just round with a a tip jetting out basically.

Attached Files Image(s)

05-07-2012, 12:29 PM,
Wow, that's amazing Steve - there's nothing of your piece at all. Even after all these years I am still amazed at what a difference a few scraps of hair can make. Thanks very much for taking the trouble to do this. I feel sure this is the way forward for me too, and once again you are the trailblazer.
05-07-2012, 01:20 PM,
You're welcome Baldrich. I don't think I am trailblazer at all lol but I am glad I could help a few people. The real trailblazers are guys like Michigan Baldy and his videos, Jrob(full cap) James Kennedy(Mohawk and pieces with highlights) and a bunch of other people who have posted all sorts of different kinds of pictures and videos.
05-07-2012, 11:48 PM,
looks pretty big piece to me.
05-10-2012, 01:30 AM,
Steve,

I would have called you a Legend rather than a trailblazer. Your pictures are legendary. It's good to see these updated photos. While you are pretty lucky to have side hair that goes up so high, you do a phenomenal job with it. It's hard to imagine you looking less than good in any hairpiece.

How long would you estimate the hair to be?...especially in the front.

I wish I could see your technique for styling the front. I can't seem to achieve that kind of front look on my full caps. If you ever do that video you mentioned, maybe you can demonstrate that technique for styling the front???
05-10-2012, 01:49 AM,
Well said Dino, and Steve Welcome back! You motivate me to post some photos. I need to snap new ones...

I need to scale back my density a bit and thinking about giving the new lace a whirl. Thanks for the feedback.
05-10-2012, 02:32 AM,
Show off!

Thanks for posting.
05-10-2012, 05:15 AM,
SteveL: Thanks for posting your photos. If I ever start wearing, I would also opt for the degree of recession you've chosen because (a) it would be appropriate to my age and (b) it makes wearing hair FAR less conspicuous. Your hair looks great!

The comb forward look is very popular these days, which I guess is helpful in camouflaging the front hairline. I would be interested to see photos of you with your side hair combed back and your top hair combed more conservatively -- that is, something more conventional (traditional) than contemporary. At my age I couldn't pull off the swept forward look.
05-10-2012, 05:33 PM,
Here there Dino!

The hair length in the front is between 1 1/2 inch to almost 2 inches. The back hair is all different but some hairs go almost 4 inches. The sides are around 2. So its different all over. My side hair (there is a pic on the front page of this site with my side hair only. I do notice in the last few years I am having to shave more and more because of thinning.

If I can do a video I will show my attachment. It isn't much really... Much like other videos that are out there.. I just use white glue.. I lay the piece down and tap with a comb. I then spray the front edge with some water so i can get it to go where I want it.. and then I use a blow drier and blow upwards to get a "Spiky" style.

I would like to do a video for this latest piece to just show the overall appearance of it.. A video of indoor lighting and outdoor lighting would be preferable. So many of these videos you see out there that show a cut in or closeup hairline shots that are always done in that wonderful indoor lighting that salons have. I just wish I was brave enough to show my face.
So anyway.. I will try to do a vid at some point. I know its kind of fascinating for me to see a few of the videos I took on my phone showing my new style. Gives a great perspective on everything

Hey there Reubin and Snipe!

I really recommend the lace Reubin. Its extremely fragile though.. so it definitely has to be handled with care.

@Bangless.. I could try to snap a picture with my side hair brushed back and the front styled more conservatively . I did order my piece with the hair direction going forward from the crown so I know it lays better when going forward. I also ordered the hair spiky in the front.
07-13-2012, 02:06 AM,
It's amazing when looking at the underside of the piece.You would just never look at that and think it would give good coverage once its on but obviously it does.