Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Cut-In Impressions
04-25-2012, 11:39 AM,
Post Cut-In Impressions
Ok, so I did it, got the cut in. Here are my concerns. I went to a salon that does wigs and hair pieces. Had her help me with the attachment... which was my first mistake. She did tape around the whole perimiter, even in the front, when I expressed concern she said it was non shiny and wouldn't be noticeable. Well ask it turns out it's hella shiny and I've easily noticed it in it every mirror I've looked in. Her attachment job was aweful. There are bumps everywhere, and the perimeter isn't even secure, just flopping around (she didn't put the tape to the very edge, so the edge is visible by sight and touch.

She had to color the piece a bit (it was too light) and she stained parts of the lace, but it was mostly toward the middle... so I think I might be ok? Any suggestions on fixing that though? Can I bleach the lace or use some sort of color remover? Not a huge concern, but I'm going for as real as possible. She also colored the piece too dark, I think she left it on too long.

As for the cut, she did a pretty good job. I'm happy with the overall style, but she gave me a style that looks best with an exposed hairline, and gave me NO confidence I could expose this monster of a hairline.

So none of this is Toplace's fault, must have found a bad stylist. I think I'll debond tonight (can I do that?) and rebond myself. I think I can do a much better job, and I plan on using glue. Any thoughts and help would be greatly appreciated... looks like I'll be prolonging the life of my hat a little longer than expected. But overall I still think (have hope) that I can pull this off. Just need to make some more tweeks. Thanks guys!

Messages In This Thread
Post Cut-In Impressions - Hair Scare - 04-25-2012, 11:39 AM
RE: Post Cut-In Impressions - Hersute - 04-25-2012, 01:38 PM
RE: Post Cut-In Impressions - Hair Scare - 04-25-2012, 03:21 PM
RE: Post Cut-In Impressions - Guy in Ohio - 04-25-2012, 03:53 PM
RE: Post Cut-In Impressions - Hair Scare - 04-25-2012, 05:11 PM
RE: Post Cut-In Impressions - Hersute - 04-25-2012, 08:20 PM