Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conflict of opinion
04-25-2012, 09:24 AM,
RE: Conflict of opinion
I don't wear (yet?) but I hear ya. There are lots of times that I see pics of users here who get raves from other members and I just hold my tongue. And, of course, there are others who nail it down very well, though I think as hair-obsessed as I am, I can still spot a wearer.

Two things to consider. The first is that the major sin that I think most users are guilty of is not opting for a hairline without enough recession. But without a gallery of pictures to reference this is a difficult point to expand on.

The second area for consideration is far more important to your psychological well-being. If wearing a hairpiece is going to be a deep, dark secret, then I think the paranoia of being discovered (and feeling like a fraud) is far worse than being bald. Wearers who, pardon the pun, baldly open about their hairpieces are in the best position to enjoy it the most. Short of announcing to the entire world that you're wearing, don't be afraid to volunteer the information to someone or acknowledge it if asked, or acknowledge that you've had "something" done. The point is, don't surrender your sense of humor at the ridiculousness of human vanity, as everyone suffers from it to one degree or another. It's either your hair, your big nose, your crooked teeth, your fat ass -- the list of things we punish ourselves over is endless. It's not accident that vanity is one of the seven deadly sins.

Watch the interview with Jason Alexander discussing his decision to start wearing hair. He thought through his attitude about wearing and presents it in a way that is disarming to would-be critics. He had a plan about how to share his decision and the one-time commitment of courage needed to implement it. Everyone knows he's wearing, after all, he's practically typecast for playing a bald character on the most famous TV sitcom of all time. He knows he's not fooling anyone and the best part is that he doesn't have to waste any psychic energy to even bother trying. And that's the liberating bottom line. He's enjoying it, not fretting about. He's in control.

http://farrellhair.com/jason-alexander/index.php

Please don't remove this post because of the link to Farrell (boo!!). I think Jason Alexander's attitude toward wearing is must-see watching.

Messages In This Thread
Conflict of opinion - HairMysterio - 04-24-2012, 05:16 PM
RE: Conflict of opinion - Hersute - 04-24-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: Conflict of opinion - leondon90 - 04-24-2012, 07:25 PM
RE: Conflict of opinion - Porcupine - 04-25-2012, 04:28 AM
RE: Conflict of opinion - JRob - 04-25-2012, 06:53 AM
RE: Conflict of opinion - Bangless - 04-25-2012, 09:24 AM