Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First order received
04-18-2012, 01:53 AM,
First order received
Hi all,

I received today my first order (i placed at the very beginning of march and it arrived on April 13th, which is very fast).

But...

I am not happy with the color which is too dark : what should I do ? can I change it from my place ? Should I send it back to TL ?

I ordered 2 pieces.

Regards
04-18-2012, 03:18 AM,
RE: First order received : unhappy with the color
what colour is it? when hairs are in their bag it looks like darker... did you look at sun light?
04-18-2012, 06:36 AM,
Hello, yes i did. It's better but unnatural, my hait is much less dark.

I showed it to a friend who thinks the same.

What to do ?
04-18-2012, 06:55 AM,
I had this same issue. After you wash it a few times it definately lightens up a bit. Mine was still a touch too dark, but not way too much. I had different issues and didn't end up wearing that piece and ordered a lighter color, but had it just been because of color I would have darkened my own hair just SLIGHTLY darker and it would have matched (no one would have even noticed I darkened my hair). So first wash it a few times and let the factory residue clean off it, then let it dry and see if it matches then. If still slightly dark, just ask whoever will do the cut in if it will be possible to color either the piece or your own hair to match. But wash it first, i was surprised by how much it lightened (though still not quite enough in my case, but enough it didn't worry me).
04-18-2012, 07:10 AM,
ps: sorry in advance for my approximate english but I think it can be understanble!!

i
An other solution if the color difference's between your own hair and the hairpiece color's is not so important... send back one of your hairpieces and wear the second with a wet style... hairpiece with good bleached knots can be wear with a wet style... wax or gel plus water on your own hair and on your hairpiece will make a natural effect...
04-18-2012, 10:15 AM,
Have a look at this video.
The piece he's having attached appears to be a couple of shades darker than his natural hair.
However, after the cut, the colour all blends really well.

http://youtu.be/pSUrazo9u58
04-18-2012, 04:20 PM,
Watched the video... good back blending (though they mostly just chopped off the sides) but overall I don't like his hairline... this one looks noticeably fake to me... what do you guys think of the results in the above video?
04-18-2012, 04:49 PM,
Doesn't look fake, just not a style I like. I see people with this hairstyle often and fake never would have crossed my mind. We hair weareres are a picky lot though.
04-18-2012, 06:20 PM,
No, I don't like the style at all. I posted it more to do with the colour blend than the actual haircut.
As it was being attached, I was thinking "Its WAY too dark", but as I said, in the end the match isn't bad at all.
04-19-2012, 12:41 AM,
The frustration I have with ALL the hairpiece videos I have seen is you never see the hair "in action" -- that is, you don't see how the hair responds and looks when "challenged" by a little breeze let alone a gust of wind, which could be a major giveaway that someone is wearing.

I also am not a fan of the hair style chosen by the kid in the video. It looks plastered to his head and, again, there's no way to tell how it will respond once he steps outside the salon and into the elements.