Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weight of a hairpiece
04-17-2012, 06:15 AM,
Weight of a hairpiece
What is the weight range of a TopLace hairpiece?

According the Edward Katz FAQ page, his weigh "Only 3 grams, that is about the weight of a business card, 40 times lighter than a human hair piece."

http://www.edwardkatzhairdesign.com/faq.htm
04-17-2012, 08:17 AM,
RE: Weight of a hairpiece
Even if this is true, the extra 2000.00 bucks ain't worth it by any means. Jeesh!
04-17-2012, 08:37 AM,
No arguments about the difference in price. I'm just interested to know if in fact there's a difference in this aspect (in this instance, weight) of each manufacturer's respective product.
04-17-2012, 02:22 PM,
A toplace piece weighs the same as if it was YOUR growing hair rooted to your head.....
04-17-2012, 03:13 PM,
The pieces are extremely light, dude. A couple of grams -- shoot, even a couple ounces -- will not make an appreciable difference, in my humble opinion. Your body will adjust to the presence of the piece, and you'll cease to think about it at some point. At least in terms of your daily activities. You'll obviously be aware of it for purposes of debonding and cleaning, and to that extent you would be just as aware of a piece that weighed a half a gram as you would one weighing a couple ounces. In that regard, you'll always be aware that something is up there, but neither will weigh you down or otherwise inconvenience you.

Incidentally, regardless of what the retailer in question says, anything as light as he's advertising absolutely cannot have much durability. As a general rule, lighter equals less durable. I come to that conclusion both through common sense and experience. One last thing: many of us were once the victims of a slick sales job like the one the retailer in question is trying to lay down. We're here because we got wise and found a better way. My advice: Run far, far away.