Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toplace New Gen Skin Piece HIGHLY recommended!!!
04-08-2012, 06:51 AM,
RE: Toplace New Gen Skin Piece HIGHLY recommended!!!
(04-08-2012, 01:45 AM)dino1 Wrote: Johnny, buddy....did you get me emails a month or two ago?

Holy Cow...........a month or two ago ????

Dino I'm a senior citizen.........I sometimes go into the bathroom and forget why I'm there !! Smile

Hey Dino.........how you been buddy ? No, honestly, I did not get any or else I would have emailed ya right back ! Or gave ya a call !!
If you can remember, send them again or give me a call...........
I just looked, but I don't have your number, or I don't reconize it on my phone ?? I talk to Bob/ Philly often.

So resend Dino....I can almost swear I did not get any of your emails.

Take Care........johnny/albuquerque

ps.......they might have gone to spam, which I delete all without looking at who sent.
04-08-2012, 05:28 PM,
I am wearing my Swiss Lace right now....and I am using a blue tape around the perimeter and a white glue around the front...I bought it locally at a wig store...does not have a name on the small bottle of white glue...sorry
I have only been wearing for a couple of weeks, but it seems to be working pretty good...of course the weather is still relatively nice....summers here are HOT and HUMID....I have not tried to wear my thin skin yet, but many of the guys on here are using a product call Got2b Glued http://www.sleekhair.com/24200.html You can find it a your local drug store...I know CVS carries it here....I can see how it would work with the skin systems, but not sure about us guys with a oily scalps. Hope that helps you out.
04-08-2012, 09:28 PM,
wearing my new skin peice,
comming from a lace hairline front,
i find the skin hairline looks to uniform,imo,when you lift the front you reveal the very edge of the skin bond,yeah yeah how many people are gonna do that ,
not a massive problem, possibly nitpicking,

i remember reading info on skin systems i think its the method hair is injected gives it the dense uniform look,
having seid that, iv only been wearing my skin system two weeks, so theres time to fuly clean of the silicon used by the factory,first DB,next first wash,
YOU DO MISS THAT BEATIFULL glossy shine, but bonding may be as concrete as lace once the silicon reidue is washed away,
im giving it more time before ordering my next system,still undecided on the lace skin debate,
ill report back any bonding clean up probs.
regards
antySmile
04-09-2012, 12:30 PM,
Johnny...I just forwarded the emails to you. No problem. Glad to see you around.
04-09-2012, 02:58 PM,
I honestly think the hairline is better on the Next Gen pieces than on a lace piece! Especially after months of wearing! Its impossible to get the lace 100% clean! You will experience some discoloration from oils, skin, whatever else. Skin pieces don't do that!
04-09-2012, 03:13 PM,
James...just curious...what are you using to attach the New Gen Piece ?
04-10-2012, 03:24 PM,
I use Pro Flex tape. Best stuff around, in my opinion!
04-11-2012, 07:42 AM,
Been using the new thin skin for a week now, took a while to get used to it but so far so good . Clean up and attachment is a total breeze . Using ORWG around the perimeter and gtbg for the rest and the bond is rock soild. First time using ORWG and very impressed. The skin is so light cant feel it all.
04-11-2012, 10:37 AM,
Are any of you new thin skin wearers able to take pics? I'd love to see results. I've always liked the idea of a skin piece, but have always been worried about the hairline. I'd love to see how yours are coming!
04-11-2012, 03:15 PM,
What is ORWG?

Do you feel its the best glue around?