Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair piece/ wig making few years from now!
04-05-2012, 02:23 AM,
RE: Hair piece/ wig making few years from now!
I believe the industry will actually expand. The fact that the quality and undetectability of hair systems is improving and the price is falling and the awareness is increasing, thanks to forums like this one on th einternet, means more people are wearing. If more people choose to wear undetectable hair replacement, there will be less bald people walking around and more with seemingly fantastic heads of hair. This will make the balding look less commmon and less acceptable. Iconic people like Enrique Iglesias and countless actors wear hair, reinforcing the need to be seen to have good hair and maintaining the look of a full head of hair as the more attractive image to have. People like Jason Statham have done a lot to make balding look acceptable but we don't all have super-hero stubble, square jaws and pectoral muscles the size of Australia.

More and more people are turning to wearing when they start receding and create the illusion of no hairloss problems. And that will just make bald heads stand out even more.

BA brought the prices down to an all time low and now he is gone they are heading back up but they won't return to the crazy figures of the $2000 per unit days unless you go to Farrel, the ultimate rip off. The biggest problem I think is the time and effort it takes to make one with human hands. I believe in the future (maybe a while off yet) synthetic hair will acceptably mimic human hair and the ventilating process will be automated by machine. Then we will have hair sytems for $50 that are always exactly the same every single time. The other hurdle is the glues. We need something much better to stick these things to our heads. We need a strong flexible bond that does not break down with scalp oils and is easy to clean. A completely oil resistent strong bond that comes off when a dedicated releaser is used and can be cleaned with a simple 10 minute soak in a special solution.

There is lots of room for improvement with these things but right now we are able to get a very very natural look that behaves and feels almost like our own hair and I for one am incredibly thankful to people like John and others like him for offering us this possibility.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hair piece/ wig making few years from now! - Hairenough - 04-05-2012, 02:23 AM