Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair piece/ wig making few years from now!
04-06-2012, 05:13 AM,
RE: Hair piece/ wig making few years from now!
(04-05-2012, 02:43 AM)Hair Scare Wrote: Someone teach me about synthetic hair. Have we really not been able to mimic human hair? I feel like with today's technology we should be able to easily create a hair that looks and feels EXACTLY like human hair, but that also doesn't dry out, die, and lose it's color like the cons of using human remi hair. How far away are we from that point? I mean, for those of you with synthetic gray hair, how do they feel and react?

Wouldn't the lace be a limitation to the life of the piece instead of the hair? Lets say there was perfectly acceptable synthetic hair that lasts forever wouldnt the lace breakdown way before it? I say lets keep using the real thing until they develop a base thats 1 micron thick that lasts forever!
04-06-2012, 05:49 AM,
(04-06-2012, 05:13 AM)HairMysterio Wrote:
(04-05-2012, 02:43 AM)Hair Scare Wrote: Someone teach me about synthetic hair. Have we really not been able to mimic human hair? I feel like with today's technology we should be able to easily create a hair that looks and feels EXACTLY like human hair, but that also doesn't dry out, die, and lose it's color like the cons of using human remi hair. How far away are we from that point? I mean, for those of you with synthetic gray hair, how do they feel and react?

Wouldn't the lace be a limitation to the life of the piece instead of the hair? Lets say there was perfectly acceptable synthetic hair that lasts forever wouldnt the lace breakdown way before it? I say lets keep using the real thing until they develop a base thats 1 micron thick that lasts forever!

The problem with using real human hair is that it relies on people in poorer countries to continue to cut their hair off and sell it or the religious bandits to continue to reinforce the belief that cutting their hair off and donating it to a temple will please their God. Even though it then gets sold on for profit by business men. What happens when the trend to give away hair or sell it for dirt cheap ends? We are screwed. We need synthetic hair to get more realistic asap.
04-09-2012, 04:53 AM,
Trust me....Bald my be more acceptable now, but the hair/beauty industry will not allow this trend to continue....they have to sell shampoo, conditioners, gels, hair spray, color, not to mention getting clients into the salon for hair stylist....Men are a huge chunk of this industry...the industry will make sure this comes to a stop....way too much money to loose.
04-10-2012, 06:48 AM,
I have worn hair for over 30 years. I have worn synthetic hair, European hair, chinese hair and remy hair. I can tell you that without a doubt that human remy hair is the best for me. I am about 75% gray and 25% #1 black. The synthetic hair does not reflect light the same way that human hair does. It does not hold the curl the same way human hair does. It also feels dry from day #1. It sheds water differently than human hair. The only good thing I saw with synthetic hair is that you don't have to worry about fading and re-coloring.
04-10-2012, 10:15 AM,
DC7,
Add to the list that synthetic hair behaves differently than real human hair. When the wind blows the real hair is naturally messy but the synthetic hair lies differently. The synthetic is o.k. in some instances for a full cap since you're not blending with real human hair. But a synthetic topper just does not blend with your real hair on the back and sides.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
04-11-2012, 02:27 AM,
Good point John! It's been so long since I've worn synthetic hair that I forgot how it behaves.
04-13-2012, 11:30 PM,
Apparently there are newer synthetic hairs that are more heat resistant, but there are lots of online horror stories of opening an oven door and the blast of heat melting all the hairs!

I'd just like to point out than not all donated human hair is sold on by religious bandits purely for self gain profit.

The hair is donated to the religion as an offering, a centuries old tradition, and the money raised through selling it on is used to help & feed the poorer members of that religion.

I'm sure as a system its open to abuse, but still, the intention is honourable & noble.
04-17-2012, 02:52 AM,
It's just I feel sorry for the people who are talked into cutting their hair off and donating it because "God would be pleased". And then a bunch of people make money from it. Many of these people are led to believe that if they shave their hair and give it to wig makers they will be granted their prayers. But then religion, corruption and money go hand in hand so it's nothing out of the ordinary.
04-17-2012, 05:12 PM,
Hair is so abundant I just cant see how we will ever have issue with obtaining hair! I mean I would have enough hair to make a nice piece after a haircut!