Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dont wear a peice for to long
04-01-2012, 11:12 AM,
dont wear a peice for to long
ok I’ve worn my first hair system for 17 months, and this week
i decided to give my med skin system a whirl,
out of necessity i suppose, it had turned blondish white from medium density ,60% grey,
lost the lace gradually from the hairline, compensated by moving the piece 1/4" forward, worked, the poly was actually a lot easier to touch up than lace, and looked pretty good,
the back hair was becoming shorter,breakge shedding, but hey 17 months, I was more concerned about the back as it looked thin as hell, and in heavy sunlight could look bald,i shouda bought some grey Nano fibres, actually no!!!!!!!!!!excuses, i should have switched hair systems earlier,

*specs were med, density,
* med brown, 60 grey
* slight wave
*poly sides back
lace middle/hairline,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*new hair system med thick skin,
*ditto hair specs above,

wearing skin, hmm what can i say alot similar to my old system in some respects,
hairline is to perfect,but thats skin hairlines for yahh,
not that i spend every waking moment analysing hairlines.
but lace is more random, skin to uniform, but it’s the lace skin debate,

made the mistake of i suppose not washing the skin system prior to attachment, hence to not helping to remove partially anyway the silicone used by the factory, looks glossy, but that’ll go a tad when the silicon goes,and bonding will be better, just prepared the surface, which was very sticky and seemed no amount of alcohol was removing it,
anyway got most of the old adhesive off,
followed usual bonding rules,
got quite a few ripples in piece but ill sort those out next de bond,

it’s really increased my confidence,100%
before i was kind of on edge, you should never get to that position, defeats wearing, when i say before i mean when my old hair system was coming to the end of its days.

anyway, I’m posting a few pics, the new and the old,
the camera flash actually make the old piece look alot more glossy than it is,might of worn it a few months more colouring would have helped a lot but in the wearing game,iv learned alot,colouring is my next area to explore .

as long as you’ve got the finances you can have decent hair, and I’ll make sure by hell or high water i have.
best solution out there, forget the pill and potion promises,
the decent hair i could have had maybe 7 yrs ago with money id spent on those wonder pills, didn’t we all,

anyone reading this, don’t underestimate the sheer exilaration,the feel god factor, the hyper good mood that wearing brings,
it’s a tough step to take, a bloody brave step,
as iv said before the brave are rewarded in this game big time.
i cant truly express how you’ll feel, youllonly know when you wear.
fantastic, complete, whole,

a content happy wearer.

Attached Files Image(s)

04-01-2012, 12:52 PM,
RE: dont wear a peice for to long
wow, your hair looks great. Thanks for posting these pics. I was freaking out earlier thinking about how difficult it would be to carry on wearing when I'm older. It's nice to see success like this.
04-01-2012, 06:19 PM,
When you say you compensated for the lace fraying you brought it forward 1/4 inch, I'm not sure what you mean.
You cut away the fray and brought the whole piece forward?
In my opinion (if thats what you did) you didn't need to bring it any more forward.
In fact, to match up perfectly with your side hair, I would suggest moving it back 1/4 inch instead, from where its positioned according to those pictures.

To get 17 months from a piece is great going.
Congratulations all round!
04-01-2012, 08:16 PM,
the pics of me wearing are the new skin system, i reffered to lace front when wearing my olde syste pictured,
"olde hair system 17 months old"