Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bad Wig
03-31-2012, 06:41 AM,
RE: The Bad Wig
(03-31-2012, 05:26 AM)PipperStef Wrote: it is just a bad coming out!!!!people focalize on the quality of hairpiece (they're right), but forget how to introduce it! if you knew this guy with his hairpiece from the beginning you know him, maybe you will think differently.... same for his work friends.
ps: sorry for my rough english!

You make a great point and I have thought about this before. Up until recently I was never good at pointing these things out, I wouldnt even notice a bad wig if it was hitting me in the head! If I never knew him I probably would be much less likely to notice. But nonetheless what I am seeing does exist.

I remember one time I walked into a convenience store filled with people and my girlfriend immediately laughed and pointed out the guy all the way across the store with the wig. Girls notice this stuff right away, it's like they have radar! Thats why I feel it's important for myself to be overly critical.

(03-31-2012, 05:28 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: You said it`s Dyed, so that alone is noticeable... or maybe it`s a synthetic system? Could be any one of a number of things, including badly-positioned on the head, too dense, a not-so-good cut -in, maybe not graduated properly at the front.... something is obviously `off` though. In view of the fact that people have been teasing the guy, it`s `out in the open`now, and while he claims it`s a transplant [couldn`t possibly be, as it takes a lot more than a month for transplanted hair to `come-on`] If it were me, and I was on friendly terms, I`d casually say to the guy not to take any notice of them teasing him [he must be very self-conscious now and probably doesn`t know what to do] and casually mention you came across a link to a site [THIS one !!] dealing with hair-issues, while searching for some hair-care product on-line..... I know it`s a bit of a thorny situation, but maybe he`s not even aware of on-line replacement etc. ... if you DO decide to mention it to him, and tell him the name of Toplace, you can just remove this thread, and I`ll remove my post so he`ll be none the wiser,as he`d know by reading this, that it was him being mentioned. ... I feel sorry for the guy, must be very embarrassing for him, when there`s no need for that nowadays.

Yes it's dyed and I think that could be an issue. My problems with that reasoning though is people with full heads of hair dye it and although you can tell it's dyed it doesn't look like a patch of hay is on their head!

It has this overly dyed look and the hair just almost looks like a Halloween custom for Dracula. This person always uses a lot of product on the hair. He has hairspray or gel all over and on the sides. Every time I see his hair I kind of wish he would wash it all off and just leave it soft. I was under the understanding that product in the hair benefits a hair piece, could this be a case of too much product? How about leaving it natural without product?

I never once made fun of him, I even went as far as to try and tell people maybe he did get a hair transplant. Some people even believed he may have but they still felt it was ridiculous he did such a thing.

1 thing I want to point out that the density on top is definitely a full density. I will say that it is pretty consistent with the hair on his sides though, maybe the sides have slightly less but i dont know. Could slightly more density with the extreme dye and a ton of product in the hair cause this phenomena I am looking at?

Thanks for the great replies.

Messages In This Thread
The Bad Wig - HairMysterio - 03-31-2012, 04:50 AM
RE: The Bad Wig - PipperStef - 03-31-2012, 05:26 AM
RE: The Bad Wig - Paul In Ireland - 03-31-2012, 05:28 AM
RE: The Bad Wig - HairMysterio - 03-31-2012, 06:41 AM
RE: The Bad Wig - Paul In Ireland - 03-31-2012, 07:12 AM
RE: The Bad Wig - HairMysterio - 03-31-2012, 02:20 PM
RE: The Bad Wig - Paul In Ireland - 03-31-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: The Bad Wig - winstonage - 04-01-2012, 03:49 AM
RE: The Bad Wig - JRob - 04-01-2012, 07:47 AM