Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
front line ripples with tape.
03-25-2012, 03:15 PM,
front line ripples with tape.
Most of the advice on the ripple thread seems to not apply here, so I'm staring a new thread.

I just started to use tape and I never had a ripple problem before. I get ripples after 3 hours of attachment. I do tape on sides and back and glue up front. I get the same effect with Davlyn or o.r.w.g. I apply from front to back just like I would with all glue but tape ripples where there is glue? One thing that is new is that this is a pre-made unit from TL. So I think its all frech. Either way this unit is thicker and not delicate like swis fine lace.

To rid of the ripple I try to re-glue and stretch the lace out, works for a few hours. I tried applying with stretching and without. I tried putting a but of tape up front. I tried staring the tape less close to the fron. My guess here is that tape does not budge. When tape is down, is down! Glues seem to life up front for me a lot and dont stick as well as tape.

Any ideas?
03-25-2012, 11:43 PM,
RE: front line ripples with tape.
For once I can be thankful that I have a head the shape of Herman Munster and consequently have no problem with rippling.
The only time it happened was with a French Lace base from CoolPiece.
It was just too stiff.
It took me ages to realise it was the base's fault and not the adhesive's.
Since then I'll only ever buy the Swiss Lace.

Stretching it out may work in the short term, but ultimately it will make things worse.
I've read you can put in pleats at the side and this also helps to keep the front flat to the scalp.

I searched this site for 'PLEATS FRONT' and got this:
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...eats+front
03-26-2012, 01:02 AM,
(03-25-2012, 11:43 PM)Hersute Wrote: For once I can be thankful that I have a head the shape of Herman Munster and consequently have no problem with rippling.
The only time it happened was with a French Lace base from CoolPiece.
It was just too stiff.
It took me ages to realise it was the base's fault and not the adhesive's.
Since then I'll only ever buy the Swiss Lace.

Stretching it out may work in the short term, but ultimately it will make things worse.
I've read you can put in pleats at the side and this also helps to keep the front flat to the scalp.

You maybe having problems because the piece doesn't fit properly. You may have better luck with a custom made.
03-26-2012, 01:26 AM,
Stock systems will not fit everyone the same..some guys get a great fit...they are the lucky ones. They are very handy and can get you out of a `jam`, but most people have to order custom-made, for the best fit [even at that, I have seen guys posting that they are getting some ripples on the front] Stocks have their place, but have limitations too.
03-26-2012, 03:02 AM,
winstonage

You maybe having problems because the piece doesn't fit properly. You may have better luck with a custom made.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was years ago when I was trying out different companies and bases.
I always like to buy a stock from a new company first, before I commit to a custom.
My specs are pretty standard.
I'd never had any problem until I tried CoolPiece's French Lace.
I thought French Lace had improved with since then and become softer and more invisible.
Maybe not everyone's?
I know one company's lace isn't the same as another company's, even though they carry the same names.
03-26-2012, 12:01 PM,
When using all tape, I prefer blue lace. Apply to scalp first, then fit the piece in the same manner as using glue. A little stretch is necessary IMO, but only a tiny bit. With tape, I find that doing the perimeter and adding a strip down the middle of scalp helps the overall hold a lot, helping to prevent shifting and rippling. I will also use a blower dryer to heat the tapes after attaching to scalp just prior to applying the piece, which helps them to lay in place and sort of "grab on" more to the lace. Obviously they're already stuck to my scalp, I don't heat that much just a few seconds with the blow dryer.
03-26-2012, 03:25 PM,
I had the same problem with ripples and mine was custom.
03-26-2012, 03:27 PM,
As see I never had a pre made before. I always order customs. I guess I have to live with it till I get my order in.
03-26-2012, 08:32 PM,
Its definitely the French lace being too stiff.