Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advise - no shine Hairpiece Tape for front lace
03-10-2012, 07:31 PM,
need advise - no shine Hairpiece Tape for front lace
Good day
i am here because i need some advise.
i am wearing a front lace system and i want to show off my hairline.
the problem i have is with the hairtape i have - it's shining under the lace.
i don't want to use glue for the lace because it's sticky and very hard to install in the front to get it perfect.
so is there someone that is using no shine Hairpiece Tape i will be glad to get some recommendations.
maybe Debbie have some?
i see in the hairdirect site the some options :
1. NS-Pro PX No Shine
2. Walker No-Shine
03-10-2012, 08:16 PM,
RE: need advise - no shine Hairpiece Tape for front lace
Either of those `` No-shine``tapes are what you need, however, you`ll also need them in a `contour` shape [ like boomerang-shape] to match the very front of the hairline.....most guys use glue at the front because of the curve .. you may still have little bits of the very edge not bonded when you use tape. With glue , you can ensure that all of the lace will be tacked down, with no `loose`bits..... simply trace/mark a dotted [broken] line around the front of your system, on your skin, fold the front back onto the head, then apply your glue ---2 or 3 layers is ususally enough... thin coats, and allowing each coat to go almost dry, is the secret. Press the lace down onto it when the last coat has gone veyr very tacky/almost dry.....you can wipe off the pencil lines and any small bits of glue which you may have inadvertently gotten onto the forehead-skin, with a cotton pad moistened with glue-melter, taking care not to squeeze it in under your newly-applied bond. If you wish to use tapes and contour strips at the front, you can pick up a few tips from the Michigan Baldie video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEKEMBp9xCI
Sometimes even the best tape/s will have some shine... if you rub a little glue onto the tape surface with a finger, it `dulls` it down....just a small tip which may be useful. Regards for now.
03-10-2012, 08:22 PM,
Whooo...I think you covince me to vo back to the glue.
Can you recommend me some good no shine glue for the lace?
My problem is with cleaning of the glue from the lace and from my head - I think this stuff make the system life short aldo I replace the system every 4 months
03-10-2012, 08:59 PM,
Here are the some really informative clips by the same guy :
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...1.0.1l10l0
Cleaning your glue off is pretty straightforward...the trick is to use `Lace -release` liberally.....go around your perimeter, and with the bottle-nozzle close to the lace, spray it onto the lace and allow a few minutes for it to work.....your system will lift off quite easily with little residue on the lace---- provided that when you applied your glue, you let each coat go almost dry as I outlined above......if you push lace down into glue which has not been allowed to go almost dry, you`ll have major residue stuck to the lace when you de-bond.
Glue/s can be stubborn to remove from the scalp...glue-melter tends to make it just go tacky and may need 2 or 3 applications/ wipe-off`s before it`s all gone... I tend to use it to liquify any bits of residue on the lace, and on the scalp,I use a citrus-based Solvent such as C-22, De-solv-it , or `Remove`..... spray it onto the residue and allow it to really soak -in ....putting a sweat-band around the head, helps keep it from running down into the eyes etc. Leave it at least 5 -10 minutes...the residue will easily wipe off and you can then shampoo/clean youe scalp as normal. The white glues [water-based] are often a bit easier to work with....the acrylic ones can be a bit `messier`to work with until you get used to them....the real trick with acrylic ones is dip your brush or whatever applicator you`re using into the bottle....... withdraw it and allow ALL excess to run off into the container itself----- do NOT tip the applicator onto the side of the bottle /container in ordr to wipe off the excess, otherwise you`ll get long/wispy `strings` of glue hanging from the applicator and it will stick to everything and anything, including the hair and you`ll just give yourself a nightmare! The white glues dry clear and non-shiny , and I`ve never heard of anyone having a `shine`issue with any glue really ...I guess in certain lighting [strong sun] conditions and at certain angles with an `exposed`/swept-back style, there is a small chance of visibility but it`s not worth worrying about really. You may have to experiment to find a glue which suits you and your individual body physiology....some people sweat more than others or have more oily scalps.......local climate can affect tapes and glues too...it`s all part of the learning-curve at the start....many guys report Oil Resistant White Glue as being `King`when it comes to strong hold and resistant to oils etc.... you can Google it for suppliers.... note though, it is ruined if exposed to very low temperatures such as in cargo -holds of aircraft, so if ordering, try to source a `local`supplier or ensure it`s well-packed/insulated before shipping. If you take your time when de-bonding, allow your cleaning products time to `work`, the process should be relatively easy. Hope that helps.
03-11-2012, 11:42 AM,
I have tried some of the no shine tapes. They are ok, But some of them seem a little thick. If you are going to use toplaces super fine swiss or their newest lace ultralace, you will only get the best look from glue.

When I used to use tape for the hairline, I used to use the blue liner tape.. now you might be asking yourself how? because the blue might have a shine, but what you do is rub the tape backing over the tape to like smoosh it a little before u apply the tape to your lace (if you put tape on ur lace first and not your head)

You can also try stretching the blue tape that also kills the shine.. If done right with either of the two methods mentioned above, you can dramatically reduce the shine. You could also try to ask some companies for samples of their tapes.. and see what works best for you

There is also a tape called 3mil lace tape.. this is basically a glue in a tape format. You can apply it to the lace directly and it should give you very little if no shine at all similar to regular glue.
03-11-2012, 06:21 PM,
I've tried several "no shine" tapes and have concluded the "Walker" brand to be the best. Some other brands tend to "curl" when you take the backing off, and that makes it more difficult to place correctly...I've never had that happen with Walker tape. That said, I don't think any are completely invisible.