Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TopLace Hairline PICS
03-09-2012, 08:59 AM,
RE: TopLace Hairline PICS
(03-08-2012, 04:33 PM)egghead Wrote: I like the style you have here...what type of product are you using?

Actually what you see in the pictures is just dampened hair flicked up, I'm still searching for a good product that won't dry/fade the piece.
(03-09-2012, 12:42 AM)noneother Wrote: is this your first piece, if so, how do you accurately shave the part of your head where the system will sit?? can you elaborate on the dying process a bit more Hairfanatic? is it easier to dye it while on your head or when the unit is off?

This is my first piece with TopLace, I've also tried BA (wouldn't recommend) and Hat's Off Hair. (would recommend, but the prices are a little higher than TopLace, they have great customer service, I can't find any differences in quality between TopLace and HOH pieces)

Shaving your head is really easy if you have a friend to do it, if not I would just invest in a second mirror and shave little by little until the perimeter of the piece will fit on your scalp.

Many people use a styrofoam head to dye the piece, I didn't have one available so I used the next best option, my head. It worked out great! just make sure you don't listen to the instructions when they tell you to keep the dye in for 20-30mins... 5-10 minutes usually does the trick, it just depends on how dark you want your hair.
03-12-2012, 10:20 AM,
For someone just starting out, you seem to have really got your specs, style & cut-in just right!
A superb job and a fantastic result!

Did you do a lot of research before ordering or get help/advice?
03-13-2012, 04:40 PM,
Hey mate,

Just wondering, what is the point in ordering the blonde front then re-dying it? Is it to help with knots?
03-14-2012, 02:00 AM,
Custom Options: One inch of 22R Blonde along the front hairline.
*This way you won't have to worry about the knots not being bleached*

This is written in the 1st post!! Regards
03-25-2012, 04:48 AM,
The top picture shows the flesh-coloured line which is front part of the lace. It's gone on the other pictures. Was it removed? If yes, how? And if it was removed, how is the front glued to the head?
03-25-2012, 08:33 AM,
(03-25-2012, 04:48 AM)johndevi Wrote: The top picture shows the flesh-coloured line which is front part of the lace. It's gone on the other pictures. Was it removed? If yes, how? And if it was removed, how is the front glued to the head?

That is the excess/ `spare ` lace which comes on all lace systems....usually around half an inch or so, in width, all around....in the case of a lace system which has a poly-perimeter on the back and sides, there is also that excess lace at the front i.e. the lace part of the system. You simply trim it off carefully with a sharp scissors...some guys like to leave 2 or 3 millimeters of it in place, others [including me] trim right up to the hair, because dust particles can lodge there on/in the adhesive material underneath the lace and cause a `visibility`issue. I believe the thin-skin systems also have an `excess` strip which needs to be cut off too-- I haven`t worn one , but I think I`ve seen guys saying it. As for how is it glued...you simply sit the thing into position, mark a `line` on the skin following the shape of the front [eyebrow pencil is handy] and apply your layers of glue `behind`the line [holding the lace well-clear of the wet glue] Only press the lace down when the last coat of glue is extremely tacky/almost dry.
04-17-2012, 05:37 PM,
Is it possible to order hairline with no gradual transition ? and how to do it
04-17-2012, 08:19 PM,
just been on the phone to my one lady salon, who specalises in hairsystems cut ins bonds everything,gonna order another system,skin with a sfsl front,
just feel megga confident with lace front hairline,
anyway youre hair looks fantastic,
i allways make this comment, takes a brave person to wear,
but that bravery is repaid 100% with what is today, great looking hair,with every angle covered from density colour matching,hair texture, wave,
and with updated advice from toplace forum, you really cant go wrong,
enjoy,we all know the feeling, now youre feeling it, great aint it.
anty
04-21-2012, 10:04 AM,
HairFanatic, those pics are incredible! - the piece looks great. congrats!
You've inspired me to give hair-wearing another try after a rough start (followed by abrupt shaving) a few months ago - see thread: http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5137

I'd love to see more pics of your piece, particularly different angles/lighting.

Have a great weekend Smile
04-22-2012, 01:51 PM,
Very encouraging pics. I think everyone thinking about going down the hairpiece route should see these pics.

HairFantastic- are you using hair for your sides aswell? If so, amazing job.

The light hair colour seems to help with adding realism- how could this pan out for those with darker hair, when it comes to having side partings and exposing some hair line?