Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with the Hair Wearing Jargon
03-03-2012, 05:18 AM,
Help with the Hair Wearing Jargon
Hi all!

As I am fairly new on the hair scene , many a times while being on forum, some terms sound foreign to me. I would really appreciate if you guys can help me out and explain the following terms.

1. ILace

2. V knot

3. Injected base

4. Remy hair

5. reverse half moon??

6.ventilation

there are some more which are not in my mind right now but I shall put them up once the thread goes active.
03-03-2012, 07:04 AM,
RE: Help with the Hair Wearing Jargon
1. I lace I believe is just like a kind of skin/lace combo. The skin is whiteish I believe is on top of lace, so the hairs are injected through the first layer of skin and than knotted onto the lace beneath it.. The skin is probably not as clear colored as the other thinskins.. the point of this is to give a very realistic illusion of hair coming out of the scalp. I don't believe the material is good for the front hairline but some like it a lot for the base.

2. V knot.. I think is when two hair strands come from the same knot... but V-looping is when the hair is ventilated through skin pieces.. there are no knots. the hair kind of pokes down into the base and comes back up through the skin so to make a V shape. The appeal of this is no knots, so it looks like hairs are coming from the scalp.. the down side of it is that it can shed more quickly and the ventilation and angles of the hair on close inspection doesn't look as natural to me.

3. Injected base is when the hairs are injected into a skin material.. no knots, each hair is injected individually into the skin.. the downside of this is the hair tends to go in the direction it was vented so its hard to reposition the hair from its injected angle.. Ud have to make sure you get it injected in a way that best fits the style you want.

4. Remy hair is a type of processed hair that has the cuticle still in tact or something. some believe its just a better quality of indian processed hair, some say there really is no difference.. and other say remi hair is slightly thicker than regular indian processed. I wouldn't worry too much about this either way

5 revers half moon- Im not really sure.. maybe they mean the crown area?

6. ventilation just means the way hair is attached to a base.. how it is knotted or injected or even the hair direction.. ventilation could mean.. If you want knots, injection, v-looping and what kind of hair direction you want such as freestyle which means the hair can be combed in any direction.. Or combback which means the hairs are tied or attached to the base to go in a backwards direction for people who like to slick their hair back etc.

hope that helped a little
03-04-2012, 04:26 AM,
Thanx a dozen XEON005 .. much appreciated!
very thnkful that you took the pains and gave a detailed reply . thumbs up.

Do you know if the TL-700 is V-Knot OR if JOhn can shed some light on it?
03-04-2012, 06:12 AM,
(03-04-2012, 04:26 AM)sidd Wrote: Thanx a dozen XEON005 .. much appreciated!
very thnkful that you took the pains and gave a detailed reply . thumbs up.

Do you know if the TL-700 is V-Knot OR if JOhn can shed some light on it?

Please don't use the word shed. lol
03-04-2012, 11:11 AM,
That base is V-looped. Meaning that there is no knots.. the hair is poked down through the base than back up through it again in a V or U shape. I believe that skin is too thin for injection. I am not sure if they could knot the hairs on or not, I just know standard is v loop
03-05-2012, 11:40 PM,
@winstonage
lolzzz . that's so true . i shouldn't
thanx a dozen Xeon005.. you sure have all the answers. Smile cheers buddy