Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thin Skin Vs Swiss Lace
03-07-2012, 08:26 AM,
RE: Thin Skin Vs Swiss Lace
Yea I wondered this myself, if the base colour they bleech all the hair to when they first begin to process it (before colouring it dark) is lighter than 22R or if 22R is the lightest the hair ever is.
03-07-2012, 08:26 AM,
Yea I wondered this myself, if the base colour they bleech all the hair to when they first begin to process it (before colouring it dark) is lighter than 22R or if 22R is the lightest the hair ever is.
04-30-2012, 01:31 AM,
I've worn French lace, and am now wearing ultra thin skin.

The pros and cons listed by Xeon mirror my experience almost exactly.

I wear for a week at a time, full head bond on thin skin w/ white glue. I've had ZERO irritation after weekly reattachments for almost a year now. No redness, no funky odors ... the only irritation I've ever had was from tape on lace (same weekly de/re's) ... and I have sensitive skin that reacts badly to most hair dyes. But, YMMV I suppose ...

The importance of a full head bond noted by Xeon is worth paying attention to ... for the heat issue mentioned, and also because any unglued portion of the thin skin makes an annoying sound like crinkling paper when touched.

Ultra thin skin is more comfortable to wear for me compared to French lace, and absolutely seamless to the touch all the way around. But I've not yet tried all SFS w/ an all glue bond ... might be as, or more comfortable ...

I really thought the "sealed scalp" deal w/ skin would bother me ... with no sensation of air or water on the scalp as w/ lace. I was very surprised to find that I do not notice it AT ALL.

I know you asked about comparisons to Swiss lace, but I thought the above points about irritation and breathability would still be helpful, as these issues would be very similar w/ French and Swiss.

I posted some pics a few pages back ...

~FB