Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First order received
04-19-2012, 01:26 AM,
RE: First order received : unhappy with the color
The density is to high and the piece is to dark compared to this kids natural hair. I think with some tweaking of the specs it could look better but it looks obviously fake as is.
04-19-2012, 07:26 AM,
RE: First order received
Besides the color/density issues, the other problem with that link is the typical one you see with toppers:

**His sides/temples are as receded as the top of his head.**

You cannot correct that simply by slapping a topper on. You would either need large flaps going down the side or a full cap.

It also seems damn hard to get a perfect blend with toppers. Even if it looks great under one lighting or one picture, another moment can give it away. With a style like this, I think it would be much more convincing if he did a full cap like jrob.

The beauty of full caps from what I've seen is that for styles where the hairline is not exposed there is no blend point and no inconsistency under different lighting, wind, or other elements. It just looks like a head of hair, or as close as is possible without it being real growing hair.
04-19-2012, 08:42 AM,
Full caps are better in theory but in reality they offer as many problems as they solve. Getting the nape to look natural, feel comfortable and even stick down well, is something that many people struggle with. Then there are the temple points. I've rarely seen natural looking temple points on a full cap. Paul here on TL does a great job but many will struggle to match his ability to pull it off. If you have good side and back hair a topper is far better for comfort and ease of wearing. But if you are too thin for that you can still get a good looking full cap but don't expect it to be easy.
04-19-2012, 10:52 AM,
From what I understand, the temple points only matter if you are exposing them. That guy's forward swept style would hide them completely.

And anyway, this looks more than real enough to me:

http://hairjive.com/blog/2010/04/22/gues...-full-cap/
http://hairjive.com/blog/2009/11/07/full...oto-shoot/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snWWxZoJNmw#t=08m13s

Also see attached.

Regarding the nape, if it's really so bad, why not just have an inch or two of natural hair there as some people do? It still avoids 90% of the blend issues toppers have and eliminates the characteristic "dead animal on your head" risk you run any time a topper blend is not perfect. People are naturally trained by seeing horrible wigs to try and pick out a topper blend line. Why give them the opportunity if you don't have to?

I'm not saying there's no reason to go topper. I also obviously don't know having not yet worn either type of piece. But from all the pictures I've seen, it seems like these days if authenticity is the goal, and exposing the hairline is less important, full caps (or almost full caps) will get you farther.

Attached Files Image(s)

04-30-2012, 09:26 AM,
What's density dear? =D

Perfect quality! Compliments............