Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dry Shampoo!
02-28-2012, 03:07 PM,
Dry Shampoo!
Guys and gals, you've gotta try washing your piece with dry shampoo! I've been doing that and it leaves it really nice and refreshed and it does way less damage than actually shampooing! Of course , you gotta shampoo once in a while to get product out, but if you don't use any like me, you'll love this! I think it'll make our pieces last way longer! I'm currently using the tresemme brand Smile
02-29-2012, 01:35 AM,
RE: Dry Shampoo!
I tried this ONCE & once only. I found it was like spraying one of those powder fire extinguishers on the piece....dreadful experience for me. I had to de-tangle and rinse it out straight away, it took most of the hair out when combing through the piece too. Can't see how you're getting any results from this. How long's the hair you're wearing? Regards
02-29-2012, 04:22 AM,
Wow sorry you had that experience! My hair is about 4 to 5 niches long, ordered body wave but I think it's slight wave(was a stock). I hold it about a foot away from my hair and make sure to move it around my head really fast so it gets the whole circumference without caking it in powder. I then wait about a minute or two and then brush it out. I've done it about three times already. Do you think maybe you applied it too closely?
02-29-2012, 11:03 AM,
(02-29-2012, 04:22 AM)Mender Wrote: Wow sorry you had that experience! My hair is about 4 to 5 niches long, ordered body wave but I think it's slight wave(was a stock). I hold it about a foot away from my hair and make sure to move it around my head really fast so it gets the whole circumference without caking it in powder. I then wait about a minute or two and then brush it out. I've done it about three times already. Do you think maybe you applied it too closely?

Batiste is the best,, it works and works well.... just google all the amazon reviews
02-29-2012, 12:23 PM,
As Matt said I would be careful using a dry shampoo on a hairpiece.

Dry shampoos are made to soak up oils from your scalp and hair, and since the hairpiece doesn't come in contact with scalp oils like growing hair does I would guess that is why Matt had such a problem when he tried it. The object is to keep the moisture in the hair to keep it soft and healthy looking. I tried a dry hair product powder one time and it didn't take long to realize it wasn't going to work for processed hair. Hairpiece hair is real hair but without the cuticle and without the ability to receive sebum from hair follicles it is a lot more fragile than the stuff that's growing out of your head.
03-01-2012, 04:51 PM,
I guess it's worked well for me since I don't use scalp protector and my scalp oils seep through.