Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three months into wearing system update
02-25-2012, 03:27 AM,
Three months into wearing system update
If John could please chime in with the specs on this piece which is one of two ordered at the same time that would be great. Pictures are not the greatest, no High Def Camera.

Please keep in mind that These are pictures of my hairpiece about three months into wearing it and training it. I used a flowbee to cut in piece then my good friend Lino did the final blending and touch-ups....that is one part I have yet to master.

I do have to give a shout-out to Johnny/Alq. the coffee king !!! lol. he had posted that he was selling his almost like new Flowbee that he might have used twice for 50.00 bucks and I jumped at the opportunity to purchase it and have to say it is awesome, now I have a backup just in case my other one goes Kaput.

I called John about the two pieces when I received them, I had told him my concerns in regards to both having more density on one side.....its almost like the person who was working on them stopped after doing one side and came back the next day on a high dose of caffeine and went a bit overboard on the hair on the other side but I was able to make it work.

(Please note before you read further that John and I had a discussion on these two orders and he more then bent over backwards to resolve my issues !!!!! plain and simply John will do what he can as long as he knows whats going on, if you dont bring it to his attention he cant help.

I must point out that I had to reconfigure my fronts on my pieces since I did a shitty job of designing them, I gave them a reverse half moon and even Lino said it didnt look natural !!! so I cannot fault the factory for this, but with that being said, the bleaching on both could have been ting better but nothing l couldnt handle with me doing the extra bleaching it needed....the only problem I have with this is that I know from experience that it knocks off anywhere from one to two months off the lengevity of my units.

I also use double lace on sides and back and a strip of double lace about one inch behind the front and in my opinion it is the way to go if you go with an all lace base. I used to always order poly sides and back but after time with the loss of hair you could see the shine from the poly, and by going double lace it adds a bit more structure to the unit without compromising its realism.

I tried to get a good pic of my forehead straight on but again I do not have the best camera.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-25-2012, 05:41 AM,
RE: Three months into wearing system update
Looks good, the graduated hairline really adds realism.
02-25-2012, 06:20 AM,
what was your density on that piece? LoL @ the coffee king. Hes trying to get me on the organo gold train too haha.
02-25-2012, 09:13 AM,
Yeah...looking fine to me...well -done on the DIY cut-in.....you`ll be a pro in no time !
02-25-2012, 11:55 AM,
After the robo or flowbee cuts the hair to all length,, I than use thinning sheers or do point cutting to just like layer it a little bit.. the point cutting is pretty easy.. just grab some hair between ur fingers and take off a little of the tips but cutting so that the point of the scissor is facing the hair... U can youtube it and it will show you what I mean. I found all i really need for my type of style to do everything myself from start to finish, is a buzzer with clipper guards.. a flowbee and or robo, thinning shears a razor comb and a regular cutting scissor .
02-26-2012, 08:31 AM,
(02-25-2012, 05:41 AM)Porcupine Wrote: Looks good, the graduated hairline really adds realism.

I agree, the staggered hairline really helps sell it.
02-26-2012, 12:15 PM,
The thing is I wouldn't my hairline like that.. Not that it looks bad or anything, it looks natural and nice on you. I just like a little more definition on the hairline.. So im curious if you ordered a lower density in the front? Or do those hairlines that are graduated have a chance of being that sparse? I think mine was graduated hairline and they did it enough to look natural but the hairline still had definition etc.

but looks great though, don't take what I said the wrong way.
02-27-2012, 04:42 AM,
(02-26-2012, 12:15 PM)Xeon005 Wrote: The thing is I wouldn't my hairline like that.. Not that it looks bad or anything, it looks natural and nice on you. I just like a little more definition on the hairline.. So im curious if you ordered a lower density in the front? Or do those hairlines that are graduated have a chance of being that sparse? I think mine was graduated hairline and they did it enough to look natural but the hairline still had definition etc.

but looks great though, don't take what I said the wrong way.
02-27-2012, 04:49 AM,
Master,
The specs are 55-60%, Super Fine Swiss lace, freestyle venting with a spikey front, and 15% gray. And I agree with Xeon--that front looks very natural on you.
Regards,
John
02-27-2012, 11:49 AM,
That's a great front hairline. It looks natural and good. I wish my hairline was as good as that.