Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair add / Transplant
02-23-2012, 05:45 AM,
Hair add / Transplant
Sorry for low quality of pictures but I dont have an HD camera.

Looking for feedback,

I have a friend of mine who is looking to fill in spots where his hair is thinning as you can see by his pictures I have attached of his hairloss. My feeling is he should just use fill in spray to add more density and maybe style his hair differently to cover up empty spots........but he wants to go the Hair Transplant route to fill in, I have tried to explain to him that, what if he ends up losing more hair ? he will have to keep on going back and then will he have enough donor hair down the road?

Or do you think he should just shave area and go with a partial hairpiece?

Attached Files Image(s)

02-23-2012, 06:31 AM,
RE: Hair add / Transplant
I think you gave solid advice.. depending on his age or future hairloss.. transplants might only be a temporary solution at best. You know some people only have diffuse thinning and others will continue to go bald. I mean they just need to be educated about everything first. Find out what kind of hair loss they are suffering from.. this might not even be the typical male pattern baldness.. Keep in mind the points you said that at a later date as you lose more hair than you might have to find another alternative or even more transplants.. but if they or you or whoever has the extra cash and doesn't mind even a short term solution.. Than transplants could be an option. I think transplants should be better for minimal hairloss because you can't get that much coverage with them. So its like people in this situation are more ideal transplant candidates but at the same time they might lose more hair like you just said. I would use a cosmetic concealer like prothik first. It looks like that would be enough.. And if the hairloss gets more severe than get a hairsystem. But like i said if they have the extra money to burn and want a possibly short term perm solution than hair transplants should be an option