Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Template For A Full Cap (Advice Welcome) PICS
02-23-2012, 09:21 AM,
RE: Template For A Full Cap (Any Advice Welcome)
Have you looked on JROb`s site ? [hairjive.com] He`s done this Fullcap DVD covering all the main steps involved ..... not sure of the price, but you can have a look.
As you`re an existing wearer, you`ll be familiar with making your own templates for toppers? I assume you have made them before and not just paid a salon to do it? If so, the fullcap isn`t much different really only that it`s longer at the back and sides and has flaps down in front of the ear area...the main thing is at the back , you locate the occipital bone at the base of the skull---that circular bone...normally your system should/will be bonded-on , just below that. Also , the area just above the ears..... you`ll need to leave a bit of a gap because when the hair is cut in that area, it will be pretty short, otherwise it would be covering/hanging down over the ears, so as it`s short, it can be very annoying/itchy if the perimeter was only , say, 3 millimeters from the skin of the ear .... it would literally be sitting onto the skin ...... I usually keep it about 1/4 of an inch, minimum, above the ear. I`ve done a few posts and pics. recently on Fullcap template/s I`ve made.....just click my user-name for my profile..then click on ``Find all threads`` ..that`ll narrow it down for you.Some guys wear Swiss lace on their fullcaps which is ok for medium densities...for higher densities, the Swiss may not carry the heavier volume of a fullcap so well.... many guys wear all French lace [ I do] JRob always recommends if going for Swiss, to have the ear-flaps done in French as it will withstand the `pressure`of de-bonding better....those flaps are subject /prone to tearing earlier than the rest of the system because of the constant `pressure`when being de-bonded....... the hairjive site should help you out though. The removal and cleaning is the same as for a topper---no difference......just depends on your lifestyle really. Regards for now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Template For A Full Cap (Any Advice Welcome) - Paul In Ireland - 02-23-2012, 09:21 AM