Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylist in Los Angeles or surrounding area
02-23-2012, 10:50 PM,
RE: Stylist in Los Angeles or surrounding area
Sounds like a not very nice system at all .... is it bonded all-over? If there is that `plastic` sound when you touch it, it`s usually because it`s not fully glued down.... It`s been a few years since I wore poly., and I guess it was a `heavier`[thicker] material than the newer ones..the more recent ones are much lighter and thinner..sounds to me like you`ve got an `old`type supplied to you..they aren`t really suitable for a person with a more active lifestyle [in my humble opinion] because even when doing non-aerobic activities, you`ll still sweat a bit...that sweat will be trapped under a poly material as there is no way it can evaporate/dry off ---not comfortable and causes itchiness at the very least. If left on for a long time, it really will smell awful on removal day--that`s caused by bacteria.... not a nice situation at all. I`ve had that problem too of glue breaking down and seeping out onto the growing hair--- you`re so `conscious` of it being visible to others.... lace will suit your lifestyle much better --you`ll feel cOoler and heat can escape from your head more normally.....as you know, the body loses most of it`s heat through the crown.
Removing poly systems is trickier, in that , unlike lace, the poly is impervious to liquids, so your lace -release will not go through it, onto the adhesive material underneath.
I never de-bonded one of those myself....the salon person would do it by spraying some solvent [usually a citrus -based one] onto the very front edge and gently peeling back that first few millimeters of material, spraying on more solvent as she went.... it was a bit of a tedious process. In winter time, the glue would still be very strong and the growing hair underneath, would have grown/got stuck into the glue...man was that some sore process--you`d literally feel like a layer of scalp was being peeled off !! All you do with lace is, spray lace-release [ `` up-close`` ] onto the perimeter...a plastic syringe can be handy for jetting it on `locally`....wait a minute or two for it to break the hold of the adhesive/s and the system will just lift off...very little fuss and NO pain !! Most of the residue will be on the head...as I said previously, a good dousing with citrus solvent, allow it to `sit`for at least 5 minutes or more, and wipe off the melted `mess`!Then, just shampoo your head and growing hair as normal ........ a sweat-band worn around the head stops the solvent running down into the eyes etc. [keep it well-away from your eyes] Use an alcohol-based glue melter for removing any bits of residue on the lace......it evaporates and leaves the lace `clean` ... you can certainly use citrus-based solvent on lace too, but it tends to be `oily`and leave it`s own brand of `residue`on the lace which need to be fully washed out or it will affect your new bond.
To answer your questions: [1] No..the hair texture is not affected by the base material into which it`s anchored [not being `smart `with you] but `Hair is hair` ...donor hair is not `standard` as you`ll appreciate, but is generally of good quality .....sometimes though the hair can be more `processed` depending on the factory and colour/s required etc., so it can `behave`differently form one system to the next while in wear....it`s one of those things you just cannot give a `definite` answer to...... some systems last longer than others...can be down to the manufacturing process and the individual `local` conditions such as climate and how an individual wearer treats it ...exposure to oxidation from sun and chlorine in water / swimming pools etc. all have a bearing on the wearable-life of a system.
[2] You can keep your lace maybe 2 or 3 millimeters ``inside`` your growing hair at the sides and back...there is `stretch`in lace but you don`t want to over-do it or you could rip it and/or get it `bunching`up in other places around the perimeter. Half an inch would be far too much of a gap but neither do you want to have it over-lapping your growing hair or glues/tapes will get stuck on the hair and cause `lumps` which are detectable to touch.
Have you checked out the tutorial by Snipe ? Link here : http://s768.photobucket.com/albums/xx325...1QQtppZZ16
Just mouse-over the pics for a more detailed instruction.
The first video clip here , by Michigan Baldie, deals exactly with your question re template size: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...l2-3.3l6l0
[3] If I was going away like that and just chilling-out for a while, I`d keep it pretty simple--bring some tape with you and lace-release [ there can be restrictions on flammable liquids, as you know , in hand-baggage, but small quantities are ok for checked-in bags--your airline will have those published on their website] and some small quantities of your care-products.....I`m a huge fan of that `` Enhance`` leave-in daily conditioner....it`s got sunscreen in it too...very cheap to buy.....just Google `PPI Enhance` for suppliers. A little atomiser bottle is really invaluable too for spritzing your hair with water..... Walker no-shine gives a good strong hold and is really easy too, when removing/cleaning in my experience...... you can take a little container of glue with you `just in case` but you`ll probably be fine with just using tape/s ..... you can get tape contours for the front to `deal` with the curved front [I find them a bit `fiddly`to work -with] .. if I`m travelling abroad, I usually use a bit of glue at the front, but I only use a `light` coating in case I want to remove it `early`and don`t want a major clean-up ..... when I go travelling, you`d think I was moving house if you looked in my bag with all the little bottles of various `supplies`` ! lol . You may not get a full 2 weeks from a hold while away like that,s you may still get relatively hot days when you`ll sweat a bit more than normal and the body-temperature will rise , but just using tape/s can make the de/re fairly quick/clean..... but no, you won`t have any unpleasant odours etc. because your head can `breath` .....just a perimeter bond with tape and maybe a little glue around the front, really helps with the hygiene issue....... I`m not trying to talk-down `skin` systems...just that for certain situations they may not be as suitable/practical ... all materials have plus-es and minus-es....... hope that helps !

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stylist in Los Angeles or surrounding area - Paul In Ireland - 02-23-2012, 10:50 PM