Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylist in Los Angeles or surrounding area
02-22-2012, 07:54 PM,
RE: Stylist in Los Angeles or surrounding area
Hi journey..... depending on how long you`d be away from home for, will `dictate` your routine..if it`s only for a weekend, you won`t need to be de-bonding while you`re away... just have a few care -products with you and maybe a little `` travel-pack`` in the form of a small supply of glue /tape and a little alcohol in case you might need to do a small touch-up. If I was going away for a prolonged time, I`d put a spare system in my bag, so if you need to do a de/re you can just simply pop on the clean one, and clean the `old`one later that night when you`re less pushed for time. Lace has to be clean [ residue/oil -free] and fully dry for re-bonding.Hot air as in hairdryers, is not recommended for system hair..... you can aim warm air at the underside of the base safely enough, but try to avoid the hair. I`d be cautious of bleaching knots--they`re normally bleached at the front and crown at the factory..... hair is often coloured using fabric dyes, so in order to get `at`the knots you`d have to use a fabric-dye remover first and see how they look...... it`s not something I`ve ever had to do, but have read other wearers experiences of it...bleaching weakens the hair and usually results in early shedding, so best to avoid if at all possible. I think one major mistake new wearers make is they treat the system as they would their growing hair and shampoo it to kingdom come after trowelling-on all kinds of sticky gunge ...... your main `worry`from day one, will be combating dryness / brittleness....... a good leave-in conditioner and daily spritz with water, infrequent shampooings and maybe a little pomade such as Brylcreem now and then are all I do.....each to their own....many `products` have mixtures of certain alcohols.....not all alcohols are bad for system hair but the `bad`ones are denatured....if you see ``Alcohol denat`` on the ingredients list, avoid it...... these are very drying. I just use a good leave in conditioner, and seldom shampoo the hair...if I need to clean the base [as in if I`d been sweating] I just remove the system, run some cool water and some shampoo into a basin, hold the hair in a bunch and dip the base into the water.....I agitate the water /shampoo onto the base and simply rinse out by holding the system under running water.....that`s what work for me anyway. Hope your appointment with the stylist works out fine for you. Cheers now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stylist in Los Angeles or surrounding area - Paul In Ireland - 02-22-2012, 07:54 PM