Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gray hair
02-15-2012, 08:21 AM,
gray hair
Hi guys/John,
I should probably start to have a little gray hair in my full caps pretty soon. What is the lowest amount of gray I can have? I want to do this very gradually so as not to draw too much attention. Thanks.
02-15-2012, 10:29 AM,
RE: gray hair
I know I haven't seen you in awhile but I have a hard time imagining you with gray. Totally understand your desire to keep it real but don't get in too big of a hurry if you don't have to. It isn't about your age it's about your perceived age and you can pass for early 30's easily.
02-21-2012, 01:41 PM,
I echo what JRob said. You look pretty young Dino...I think you can hold off on gray for awhile yet. It's up to you though, just thought I'd share my opinion.
02-23-2012, 08:17 AM,
Thanks for those opinions, guys. I am 42 and I have a few unused units with no gray. So even if I put in an order with 5% gray, I might be 44 before I started to wear it. I was reading the statistics on going gray and, if you're caucasian like I am, you are likely to have started graying just a little by your mid 30's. I get comments on occasion from people (who don't know I wear) that I am lucky not to have any gray yet at my age. Everyone I know who is my age has at least a tiny bit of gray hair. So you really think holding off a little longer is okay? For those who haven't met me, my hair is a medium to dark brown (#3).
02-27-2012, 04:36 AM,
(02-23-2012, 08:17 AM)dino1 Wrote: Thanks for those opinions, guys. I am 42 and I have a few unused units with no gray. So even if I put in an order with 5% gray, I might be 44 before I started to wear it. I was reading the statistics on going gray and, if you're caucasian like I am, you are likely to have started graying just a little by your mid 30's. I get comments on occasion from people (who don't know I wear) that I am lucky not to have any gray yet at my age. Everyone I know who is my age has at least a tiny bit of gray hair. So you really think holding off a little longer is okay? For those who haven't met me, my hair is a medium to dark brown (#3).

I agree with JRob about perceived age, and also what you can pull off. I beat the statistics, I have the same hair color as you, and have so minimal gray, that I could get away with out any in my piece. I started adding some about 4 years ago, only because people would expect it. I am 60!