Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
still having trouble with touch ups
02-09-2012, 08:00 PM,
still having trouble with touch ups
hey guys.. im still having trouble with my touch ups. This time i lifted the whole front hairline area. I cleaned off all the glue by swiping a coffee stirrer over my scalp. it took off some glue residue and oil from my scalp. then what i did was spray on adjust a bond (alcohol) over my scalp on the lifted area. then cleaned it with a microfiber cloth.. After doing that i put glue (davlyn green) on my head. put 2 layers 3 mins in between eachother. then waited like 5 mins for the glue to dry and then put the lace down. Once i put it down i already knew this wasnt going to hold for long. maybe it will.. but i think this is only going to last a day or so. Whats the problem? am i supposed to spray alcohol on the lace too? to maybe remove oils from the lace maybe? or is it that the hairs on my scalp grew to a point where it wont let the lace sit?
this is frustrating.
02-09-2012, 08:16 PM,
RE: still having trouble with touch ups
Adjust-a-bond is not for removing residues...it`s simply used to very temporarily prevent newly-applied glue/tape from gripping fully while you position your system....the probable reason you now feel this present bond may not last long, is because not all the previous bond-material was removed.... you need to use glue-melter such as ``Pure`` as it`s a `stronger` grade of alcohol, and penetrates the residue/s. I wouldn`t use [ solvents] such as C-22 as they can be `oily`and need to be washed off thoroughly from skin and lace,so not suitable for a light touch-up...alcohol just evaporates off, thus avoiding the need for a `big`wash/shampoo. Adjust-a-bond is only for `cosmetic`work.
02-10-2012, 07:13 AM,
i dont have pure anymore. is walker adhesive remover alcohol based paul? i dont think it is. im not sure though. i didnt even know pure was alcohol based
02-10-2012, 07:14 AM,
I agree with Paul- it is probably because the affected area isn't clean enough.

Thing is, there really is no way to get everything properly clean while the unit is on your head so all you can really do is get it as clean as possible and hope for the best. Until the base is properly shampooed there are going to be some oils and glue residue trapped in there that can compromise the bond.

In other words, it is difficult to make touch-ups last as long as a proper bond.
02-10-2012, 10:30 AM,
JRob is correct in saying a full removal & cleaning is the best way to achieve a secure/reliable bond. I imagine the Walker one you mentioned is alcohol-based. Most suppliers sites give a precise description so you can decide what to order. Personally I prefer to just replace the whole bond regularly to avoid touch-up's,but I know it's not always practical.