Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(NOT a TOPLACE) Skin system hairline V-looped
02-06-2012, 07:15 AM,
(NOT a TOPLACE) Skin system hairline V-looped
This is not a toplace hair system or the thinnest skin toplace offers.. I REPEAT.. not a toplace super thin skin.

This was some system i got from a factory awhile back that was a skin base with v-looping. I took a very magnified photo of it to show how the v-looping looks. This may or may not look like toplaces method. It doesn't look so great at this zoomed up angle, but not zoomed it looks decent. This skin is thicker than what toplace sells.. To me the biggest concerns with skin are the way the material becomes translucent to your skin tone and the ventilation of the units. I find skin ventilation from some factories isn't as good as lace. Perhaps they make them by machine or something.

I remember BA said the factory could bleach knots on skin bases.. not sure if that still is possible, but it would probably be something Id like to try. I had another system with knots that were VERY tiny on skin. So small I didn't even care that they weren't bleached. I mean they were real tiny dots. about half the size of the a knot on a front hairline.. not sure how they did it.. but AGAIN toplaces V-looping ventilation could be better than this.. but this is just to give u an idea of a possibility of what v-looping might look like.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-06-2012, 08:38 AM,
RE: (NOT a TOPLACE) Skin system hairline V-looped
The top pic looks good,is this with temple flaps? How did you bond it?
02-06-2012, 04:54 PM,
yeah all my systems have temple flaps.. I simply can't wear it without it. The zoomed pic looks a little weird. but thats highly magnified. Id say overall its pretty decent.. but I think lace is ventilated better with knots.
(02-06-2012, 04:54 PM)Xeon005 Wrote: yeah all my systems have temple flaps.. I simply can't wear it without it. The zoomed pic looks a little weird. but thats highly magnified. Id say overall its pretty decent.. but I think lace is ventilated better with knots.

I bond it with ORWG front for hairline and got2b glued base. That is how i been attaching for awhile lately.
02-09-2012, 07:38 PM,
Very impressive pics of a non toplace thin skin. I just wish john would post photos of this quality. How does ur piece hold up in the heat. Does the bond break down.
02-11-2012, 06:02 AM,
I am going to assume johns pieces should be better than this one. This skin isn't one of the super thin ones. It is thin, but I believe John's next generation is going to be thinner than this piece. I wish I had a toplace next generation piece iw ould take pics of it, I am just broke and saving up money right now. I def want to try it. As far as heat goes.. This system I got a lace center. The skin sometimes for me anyway seems to want to break down bonds faster. I probably am in the minority.. Most people who wear skins claim to get longer holds. For me though, Its like the sweat glands under the skin really want to start producing oil if you don't have ur scalp completely covered. Think of how ur head feels when u make a template with saran wrap. The skin makes ur skin sweat. I think its important to make sure u cover ur scalp with adhesive or got2b glued just something to prevent sweating and heat buildup.

For example. Lets say you have a skin perimeter that is 3 inches wide.. but you only use glue on the first inch.. The other 2 inch portion that is not glued is going to get hot and sweat. That might start gradually eating its way through your bond and break it up.