Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repair a piece or just toss it?
02-04-2012, 01:14 PM,
Repair a piece or just toss it?
Hey guys, just quick question. When I got my piece one side of it was less dense than the other. I've been wearing for just 6 weeks and when I went to stylist today she said the density on that one side is really bare now, unfortunately when looking at that side now you can visually see the piece where it meets my growing hair so very detectable now. So, question is has anyone ever had their piece repaired or do you just trash em? I have another one ordered but was hoping to get more than 6 weeks out of a system. Thanks.
02-04-2012, 04:27 PM,
RE: Repair a piece or just toss it?
I've stitched two good pieces from two different wigs together before now when I've been desperate and needed to get by before my new one arrives.
But you don't have that option. I'm not sure what you can do in the meantime other than use concealer and thats not really a great choice.

If you're thinking of having it 'repaired' in the sense of getting more hair put on the shedding patch, this is a service that Debbie offers, but its time consuming.
She has details about it on her website but points out how long and how much it costs per area. She uses a coin to illustrate that area, I can't remember which coin but she makes it quite clear that after a certain size its just not cost effective and its cheaper to buy a whole new unit.

As for what you'll do with the old piece when your new one arrives, you'll have to decide.
I used to find them hard to throw away in the early days!
But soon there were piles of them and it was pointless and verging on Andy Warhol madness who kept & logged every piece he'd ever owned!
I had an amnesty and flushed a load down the toilet.
I kept the ones that were a good colour and use swatches from them to send away for colour matching.

The lesson from this is ALWAYS HAVE A SPARE!
02-04-2012, 05:31 PM,
Thanks Hersute, and I got a laugh out of your holding on to all your old pieces. Good point about holding on to at least one for color matching purpose though. I ordered another as soon as I got this one cut in, just thought it would last a little longer than 6 weeks. When I got it cut in she said I was going to have problems with the density on the one side and looks like she was right. So back to baseball cap until new one arrives.

I have some toppix from when I used to try to conceal, was going to try that, just wondering why you say not the best option until new one comes in?
02-04-2012, 08:24 PM,
What I meant was its your ONLY option, but it sucks.
Mostly because its like a step backwards.
You'd moved on from the stuff and now you're having to go back to it.

When it happened to me, it was like reliving loosing my hair all over again, only speeded up.
Because it may well continue to shed and you'll be adding more & more concealer.

Plus, with the glue on your head, the concealer can get stuck in it and you'll find your front hairline looking dirtier more quickly.

Once your new one arrives and its all ok again, you'll look back and realise what a pain it was coping with the shedding.

Here's a pic from another site of a hair hoarder!

Attached Files Image(s)

02-05-2012, 03:24 AM,
Lol they all look like they're at the watering hole trying to get a sip. Regards
02-05-2012, 03:46 AM,
Well luckily only the one side is getting bare and I tape the whole piece down so hopefully I can get by until the new one arrives, I ordered bout 6 weeks ago so shouldn't be long, again thanks Hersute!

MattNH- ROTFLMAO! You win the title the pic prize!