Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Got2b glued on hairline sucks
02-06-2012, 04:01 AM,
RE: Got2b glued on hairline sucks
You're Welcome Xeon, glad to give back to the forum. After almost a half century wearing I still learn here ! lol.
Quick overview of my attaching procedure:

Today I have a natural base, (clean base ) a base with nothing on it.
To attach today, I will apply Davlyn Black ONLY to the perimeter, an inch or so wide around the perimeter ONLY.
The rest of the base I will apply G2BG. Spray, Rubber Cement individually or combo.
Say I remove tonight...tomorrow, after quick rinse off or alcohol swab, I will use a quick G2BG spray on my scalp and unit base . Less than a minute wait and attach.
Fast forward 4/5 days , I now may dot the perimeter with a refresher of Davlyn, perimeter ONLY. Plus the usual scalp and base G2BG Spray or Cement or a combo of both.
Fast forward to 10 days or so, ...a complete base cleanup using either of the two methods mentioned above.
Hope this makes sense and is clear. If not, let me know, and I will try to explain it another way Smile

johnny/albuquerque,

in a nut shell.............davlyn and G2BG to start ( clean base ).....following days, G2BG ONLY to scalp and base...........4 or 5 days out, dot apply more Davlyn......10 days or so out, clean entire base......process starts all over again !!
02-06-2012, 06:46 AM,
thanks That was a very clear and thorough explanation. I understand perfectly. Sounds like you got a nice regimen down pat. I guess we are doing similar things.. The only exception is that I use a different type of glue currently and i only use it for the front hairline. I wear it straight for about 4-5 days. and do a total new reattachment.

I have a silly question for you. I have a lot of different tapes and stuff laying around.. is there anything u ever wanted to try? like duo tack tape or anything else. Maybe I can send you some stuff, and u can send me a little sample in a small plastic container of that rubber cement? I mean i could just buy it at the store, but if it doesn't work i just don't want to waste 10 bucks to just end up throwing it away since i probably won't ever use it to style my hair.

Just some points to clarify.. When u put on the davlyn.. U apply to the base not your scalp right?
02-06-2012, 06:47 AM,
Johnny,
Many times I get asked by customers: 'Isn't the skin base hot?' And I answer them with something like' surprisingly it's not.' So it's nice to see your comment about wearing in the warm weather and under hot conditions. You live in Albequerque New Mexico and have worked in the air line industry under very hot conditions and you've worn a skin base for 20 years. People just have to try a skin base to and they'll realize that it's comfortable in warm weather.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
02-06-2012, 07:04 AM,
This is the thing with skin and hot weather. Comfort is an illusion.. If you only attach the perimeter of a skin unit like many people do with lace, it would be extremely hot and sticky feeling and uncomfortable. When you do a whole head bond, whether glue or got2b, it doesn't feel hot and sticky because the skin is totally against ur scalp and there is no air or oxygen between the skin and base to conduct heat.

that being said, what you are essentially doing is blocking your sweat glands and suffocating your scalp. This might not feel hot on your head, but it might make you hot in general. You release a lot of your heat energy from your head. With it being trapped the heat doesn't escape out of your body as easily. so yeah.. Wearing a skin system with a full head bond might not feel hotter on your head, but I believe it can make you feel hotter overall.
02-06-2012, 09:55 AM,
(02-06-2012, 06:46 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: thanks That was a very clear and thorough explanation. I understand perfectly. Sounds like you got a nice regimen down pat. I guess we are doing similar things.. The only exception is that I use a different type of glue currently and i only use it for the front hairline. I wear it straight for about 4-5 days. and do a total new reattachment.

I have a silly question for you. I have a lot of different tapes and stuff laying around.. is there anything u ever wanted to try? like duo tack tape or anything else. Maybe I can send you some stuff, and u can send me a little sample in a small plastic container of that rubber cement? I mean i could just buy it at the store, but if it doesn't work i just don't want to waste 10 bucks to just end up throwing it away since i probably won't ever use it to style my hair.

Just some points to clarify.. When u put on the davlyn.. U apply to the base not your scalp right?

Right Xeon...
I only put the Davlyn on the base. The G2BG, I put on both the base and my noggin !
Man, I've got all kinds of tapes, glues, hair dressings...so don't need.
Tell ya what I will do ....I have a rubber cement in use, about a half a bottle left........just send me you're address to:
[email protected]
and I will send you the 1/2 full Rubber Cement , I HAVE SEVEN MORE BOTTLES IN STOCK .....LOL............That I bought off ebay or Amazon ?? plus I have some hair dressings BRAND NEW........that I'm never gonna use.......... Also, did you mention that you were gonna try SAUVECITO POMADE ?.....I did dip my fingers a couple times in it, so it's not new , but about a month old, so since I don't have cooties, and no diseases LOL, I will throw that in also haha!
Just let me know Xeon...........all free !
Those 7 bottles of the cement that I have on hand, probably last me a good 10 years !!!! LOL so you can have this one if ya want......
and I will throw in the extra new waxes and dressing that I'm never gonna use...

johnny/albuquerque
[quote='ToplaceUSA' pid='34665' dateline='1328467644']
Johnny,
Many times I get asked by customers: 'Isn't the skin base hot?' And I answer them with something like' surprisingly it's not.' So it's nice to see your comment about wearing in the warm weather and under hot conditions. You live in Albequerque New Mexico and have worked in the air line industry under very hot conditions and you've worn a skin base for 20 years. People just have to try a skin base to and they'll realize that it's comfortable in warm weather.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/

Yeah right john, I worned the skins for some 15/20 years or more...maybe count on one hand over the years of a skin being pretty hot ! Probably was doing some type of activity that even lace would be hot.........like maybe I was carrying on with one of those flight attendants that i use to date..........Opps SORRY this is a family forum I forgot.............so I won't go into detail !! hehhee ! LOL !
But on a more serious note, I guess I could answer by just saying I have not found my skin wearing to be as bad as some others have experienced !

johnny/albuquerque
02-06-2012, 04:35 PM,
You are a real nice guy johnny.. Some great folks on this forum.. I have noticed a really nice change here. People are much more pleasant and helpful.. less fighting and bickering.. We have some stand up folks in here.

Do you have pay pal. I will pay pal you a few bucks for that stuff.. And are you sure theres nothing you want to try that I can send back? I have a bottle of aileens tack it on and off that has been raved about in the past but not so much anymore. I haven't even tried it yet lol. SOmething about using something not meant for skin weirds me out. But I think it has the same ingredients.. only bad thing is that it is that white glue type
02-07-2012, 05:46 AM,
(02-06-2012, 04:35 PM)Xeon005 Wrote: You are a real nice guy johnny.. Some great folks on this forum.. I have noticed a really nice change here. People are much more pleasant and helpful.. less fighting and bickering.. We have some stand up folks in here.

Do you have pay pal. I will pay pal you a few bucks for that stuff.. And are you sure theres nothing you want to try that I can send back? I have a bottle of aileens tack it on and off that has been raved about in the past but not so much anymore. I haven't even tried it yet lol. SOmething about using something not meant for skin weirds me out. But I think it has the same ingredients.. only bad thing is that it is that white glue type

Hey X...

I do not need anything ! Got too much stuff... LOL... thats why I made up a flat rate Priority Box for you with a bunch that I'm never gonna use, and rather than just dump it, someone , if you don't, can use it !
Seems like everytime someone mentions a product...I gotta try it !!
And purchse not one....but a couple ! Smile...LOL
Yeah , I tried that Aileens stuff....its white, so did not like it !! Bought it at a fabric store.
In fact only like the clear stuff like Davlyn Black !
In fact, Xeon, I have 3 bottles of it on hand, the way I use it, take me couple of years to use all 3 !! Smile
So I blessed you with a bottle of Davlyn Black also, so you could see if ya like it !
Now remember, I only use it on the perimeter, only applied to the base ! Than use the G2BG on my head and the unit base!

YOU HAVE MAIL !

LATER,
johnny/albuquerque !! it's in the USA !! Smile

ps........just giving back.....like john did when he sent out replacement "FREE" units, to all, that bought Korean Lace ! Now thats a real Blessing by John !! That had to cost John some big bucks ! Thanks again John, for the replacement piece you sent me !
02-07-2012, 07:03 AM,
Wow man not sure what to say.. That is amazing of you. I will email you let me at least give you a few bucks for all the trouble.. Much appreciated and much respect .
02-07-2012, 10:30 AM,
(02-07-2012, 07:03 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: Wow man not sure what to say.. That is amazing of you. I will email you let me at least give you a few bucks for all the trouble.. Much appreciated and much respect .

No compensation wanted Xeon....I blessed you, now somehow , somewhere , sometime, pass a blessing on to someone! Smile

Hope you can make use of some of the items.

johnny/albuquerque
02-07-2012, 05:06 PM,
Your a great guy.. Whatever I don't like or won't use I will pass them along just as you did. Thanks again bro. ANd please if u reconsider let me know I would feel better at least to pay for the shipping and ur time. Anything I ever come across don't hesitate to ask. Its yours