Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Got2b glued on hairline sucks
01-31-2012, 01:38 PM,
Got2b glued on hairline sucks
I read a lot of people use got2b glued for the hairline. I just tried it on my skin piece.. i mixed got2b spiking glue with the freeze spray and tried it that way and it still sucks.. I dunno how you guys use it for the front hairline.. For the base its great, but the hairline i still need to use cream glue. What are your suggestions? Maybe im not waiting long enough for it to dry.. Its like when i want to style my hair and need to touch the front hairs it lifts and shit. Its annoying and a hassle.
01-31-2012, 02:59 PM,
RE: Got2b glued on hairline sucks
(01-31-2012, 01:38 PM)Xeon005 Wrote: I read a lot of people use got2b glued for the hairline. I just tried it on my skin piece.. i mixed got2b spiking glue with the freeze spray and tried it that way and it still sucks.. I dunno how you guys use it for the front hairline.. For the base its great, but the hairline i still need to use cream glue. What are your suggestions? Maybe im not waiting long enough for it to dry.. Its like when i want to style my hair and need to touch the front hairs it lifts and shit. Its annoying and a hassle.

Xeon....for my skins I use Davlyn Black around the perimeter, and the GTBG rest of the base.
I use the Davlyn on initial attachment , and say a day or 2 later when I do a fast removal, rinse and re-attach, the Davlyn is pretty much active and hit the base and my scalp with the G2BG Spray and sometimes I add G2BG Rubber Cement for a combo. Works good for me over the years. Hope that helps you out .
Give the Davlyn Black a try. I get it at Hair Direct. 1/2 ounce with applicator brush.

johnny/albuquerque

ps.....the other day I used only the G2BG on a new thin skin unit and no Davlyn as the skin fit my scalp like a contact lense and probably could have got away with no adhesive at all !
02-02-2012, 05:53 PM,
Good to hear it, thanks for the tips.. What is the advantage of Davlyn black compared to oil resistant white glue? I don't even need to use glue on the perimeter.. just the hairline. The got2 spiking glue gives me a great attachment on the base.. just the hairline it doesn't work that well for me. Did you mean spiking glue or rubber cement? I never tried rubber cement
02-02-2012, 09:06 PM,
(02-02-2012, 05:53 PM)Xeon005 Wrote: Good to hear it, thanks for the tips.. What is the advantage of Davlyn black compared to oil resistant white glue? I don't even need to use glue on the perimeter.. just the hairline. The got2 spiking glue gives me a great attachment on the base.. just the hairline it doesn't work that well for me. Did you mean spiking glue or rubber cement? I never tried rubber cement

ORWG , I tried it a couple of times, did not work well for me personally. In fact I don't care for any of the white , kinda Elmers glue type products. And really non of the clear glue's actually except Davlyn black, in fact Davlyn green, for me worked just so so.
As I mentioned, on skin units , the Davlyn , even after numerous days seems to still have staying power ! A lot of times I just wipe off the skin base with an alcohol saturated cotton ball and it seems to revive the Davlyn, or for that matter even a base rinse off under the hot water tub spout does the same ! Followed by scalp rinse off when showering; a quick spray of both surfaces with the G2BG Spiking Glue and sometimes an addition to both surfaces with G2BG Rubber Cement and I have a pretty firm attachment ! Sometimes I use of a strip of tape on my scalp for a sense of security and now I really have a strong attachment . And also I will maybe 4 or 5 days into the daily dettachment and reattach, dot the original Davlyn perimeter and mid section with more Davlyn and as good now as the initial attachment of some 5, 6 , 7 days ago.
Of course Xeon , this all done on skins, the primary base I have worn for some 20 years or more ........ Have tried lace, too much trouble for me with all it's issue's to put up with ! Smile Of course thats just my personal findings ! Easy on, easy off, with skins, no problems with heat , unless I am doing pick and shovel type labor ! Smile But as I have mentioned numerous times here, and on BA's old forum and others, I have worked flight lines in St Louis, Miami, Albuquerque,Yuma, a flight line being the hottest part of a city, black tar mat, a heat absorber and jet engine exhaust, and I have just down fine with skins ! Smile
So X, thats my procedure! Works for me as well as can be expected !!
The G2BG Rubber Cement has disappeared from Albuquerque shelves, so I bought up a bunch on either Ebay or Amazon. It's clear as opposed to the G2BG spiking glue/paste opaque colored product. The clear's such as the Davlyn, the spray G2BG and the G2BG Rubber cement seem to personally work better, as opposed to the white or opaque (sp ?) type products
Hope this is a help to all ! Smile

johnny/albuquerque
02-03-2012, 08:31 PM,
Xeon, I'm experimenting with G2BG for a lace base, and the hairline is finicky, but the past few times it finally seems to have worked. I mix the glue and spray in a small container, stirring it up good, and letting it sit for 5 or 10 min. It becomes a glue-like consistency. Then I dab it on the hairline with a small paint brush. In around 30 sec it feels quite tacky to the touch and then it's ready for the unit to be pressed down. This seems to be different from what people generally do but give it a try and see if it works any better. i could have just gotten lucky, who knows?
02-03-2012, 09:33 PM,
(02-03-2012, 08:31 PM)stealth Wrote: Xeon, I'm experimenting with G2BG for a lace base, and the hairline is finicky, but the past few times it finally seems to have worked. I mix the glue and spray in a small container, stirring it up good, and letting it sit for 5 or 10 min. It becomes a glue-like consistency. Then I dab it on the hairline with a small paint brush. In around 30 sec it feels quite tacky to the touch and then it's ready for the unit to be pressed down. This seems to be different from what people generally do but give it a try and see if it works any better. i could have just gotten lucky, who knows?

Ahhh ! Never thought of that, mixing the two ! Going to give that a try this AM !
After all my years of wearing still learning !! LOL !
johnny/albuquerque
02-04-2012, 05:35 PM,
hmm. so you like the rubber cement better than the spiking glue.. I never tried rubber cement. anyone else like rubber cement better? I guess i need to give that a try

and also would you say the clean up is easier with davlyn compared to orwg?
02-05-2012, 07:44 AM,
(02-04-2012, 05:35 PM)Xeon005 Wrote: hmm. so you like the rubber cement better than the spiking glue.. I never tried rubber cement. anyone else like rubber cement better? I guess i need to give that a try

and also would you say the clean up is easier with davlyn compared to orwg?

Hello Xeon,

The Davlyn cleans up rather easily.
I use alcohol saturated cotton balls , shredded out over the glue area.
But recently I have not been , first cleaning the Davlyn from the base, but rather spreading shampoo over the unit and than letting it soak in a container of hot water , for 1/2 hour or so and the glue really softens up and I simply wipe off with a alcohol cotton ball.
I know, should not use hot water on a unit, and ya should not use thinning shears to reduce density and ya should not use shampoo and conditioner containing alcohol and ya should not use alcohol hairspray, etc etc..........LOL I break all the rules and get along just fine !!
X, I don't recall how a cleanup of ORWG went....probably cause I on ly tried it a couple of times and just don't remember.

This morning, I did a base cleaning using the hot water shampoo method. So following I used the Davlyn. Tomorrow or the following day I will quickly simply peel off hte skin, there will be no gooey mess, I think you mentioned to, fact the base is really clean and all I do is, either just wipe the base with a cotton ball ( alcohol ) or rinse under the tub spout , under hot water, and after my shower, spray the base and my scalp with the spiking glue and apply and done a cleanup in 2 minutes ! I could not do that with lace , plus all the other issues I had with lace....so just continue to wear skin like I have for the last 15 or 20 years, maybe a little more than 20 ?
Now , after repeating the above 4/5/6 times or so....I may dab a little more Davlyn on the base only, I never put glue on my head and I good to go.............until I do a complete base cleanup like I did this morning. And again a complete base cleanup....is maybe a half hour ?? Most of that time is soaking under the alcohol balls, or soaking in hot water and shampoo . Simple Simple Simple !! Smile
Take Care and hope you can use something out of the above !

A REAL SHAME ABOUT GEL AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE AND EVERYTHING GOING FOR HIM !! I had a few email conversations with him back in the day on the ole BA forum. He could not believe that a 1966 Mustang Covertible that I rstored had no rust ! Albuquerque dry climate. And when I transferred to Miami International Airport with Trans World Airlines and had to sell it, because of a few attempts to steal it out of my driveway during broad day light !! As you know Jeff lived around the Miami area, and was interested in my story of the Mustang..

johnny/albuquerque
02-05-2012, 08:14 AM,
Hey johnny..

Thanks for sharing your routine with me. I get how skin can be easier with just rubbing something off a plastic type base that is non porous. I have a couple of skin pieces that have a lace center and skin around the perimeter and front. This way I figure I can get airflow and comfort plus the ease of skin etc. And not have to attach the whole thing to my head. I feel with skin you have to do your whole head because its just weird and uncomfortable not doing it that way.

For what you are doing I suppose skin is easier. So if i got you write you first a whole head bond with davlyn and after a few days or so, u wipe off the surface with alcohol just to get the oils out etc, and could potentially add GOT2 products for an addition day or two hold.. or u will just redot the davlyn on for another strong hold. So when approximately do you do a full scalp and unit cleaning and get all the davlyn off.. once every week or 2?

For me.. whether skin or lace.. lately i just do a full head bond on the base with got2b glued spiking glue.. and than i use oil resistance white glue only on the very front center hairline. For temple flap areas that touch my own hair a little i use got2b.. That attachment seems to last me a good while. I detach after 3 or 4 days just because I want to, usually the attachment feelsl ike i can go another couple of days.

When I remove its like.. pretty easy id say.. I just use a little warm water to soak to losen up the got2b and peel it off my head and use a some alcohol to detatch the very front glue. The only thing I have to really clean up is the tiny bit of glue on the very front of my head which ir rub off with my finger lol. and if any little bit of glue is on the skin or lace at the front. The rest is no clean up. I rinse the got2 off my head and im done. To get the got2b glue off the skin/lace.. I simply just add a little shampoo run it under warm water and as im running it under the warm water i just gently rub a wash cloth over it in a circular motion and it all disappears.. I would say a full clean up takes me no more than 5 to 10 mins. Attachment probably takes me about five mins too. Maybe not even.

PS do you know any place that u can buy samples or tiny travel size bottles of davlyn? Id love to try it, but I hate buying bottles of glue and they might not work for me and than they sit there and go bad.
02-06-2012, 04:01 AM,
You're Welcome Xeon, glad to give back to the forum. After almost a half century wearing I still learn here ! lol.
Quick overview of my attaching procedure:

Today I have a natural base, (clean base ) a base with nothing on it.
To attach today, I will apply Davlyn Black ONLY to the perimeter, an inch or so wide around the perimeter ONLY.
The rest of the base I will apply G2BG. Spray, Rubber Cement individually or combo.
Say I remove tonight...tomorrow, after quick rinse off or alcohol swab, I will use a quick G2BG spray on my scalp and unit base . Less than a minute wait and attach.
Fast forward 4/5 days , I now may dot the perimeter with a refresher of Davlyn, perimeter ONLY. Plus the usual scalp and base G2BG Spray or Cement or a combo of both.
Fast forward to 10 days or so, ...a complete base cleanup using either of the two methods mentioned above.
Hope this makes sense and is clear. If not, let me know, and I will try to explain it another way Smile

johnny/albuquerque,

in a nut shell.............davlyn and G2BG to start ( clean base ).....following days, G2BG ONLY to scalp and base...........4 or 5 days out, dot apply more Davlyn......10 days or so out, clean entire base......process starts all over again !!