Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
has anyone used axe pomade?
01-27-2012, 05:10 PM,
has anyone used axe pomade?
or any other pomade? im not liking the after effects left on by gel on hair systems. it doesnt behave the same way on hair systems as it does normal hair. i thought id give axe pomade a shot. im just worried i may loosen my bond or anything like that? hopefully im wrong and it doesnt comprimise or bond times. also how well does it wash off? Ive never used pomade before
01-27-2012, 05:38 PM,
RE: has anyone used axe pomade?
I have used the axe pomade. I do not like it only because when you rub between hands before putting it in hair it does not really get liquidy, it kind of gets sticky and dry, very difficult to run through hair, at least my opinion. A pomade I like is American Crew. Very good at spiking as well as taming fly always in the hair. Very easy to run through hair.
01-27-2012, 06:03 PM,
thanks eric. im looking for something that will give a good wet look with shine. and that could hold pretty well. and washes off easily. is this american crew one water based? and does it affect your bond at all? sorry for all the questions bro.

is this it btw? http://www.amazon.com/American-Crew-Poma...bt_title_0
01-28-2012, 08:42 AM,
Elvis, that is not the one I use, I use this one. Very good for spiking and faux hawks but not really good for wet looks.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Forming-M...843&sr=1-1

I just bought a serum called Organix coconut serum that makes the hair really soft, actually was gonna post it on your thread bout dry hair, and also gives a wet look, downside is also a greasy look but rinses out with water and hair remains soft, at least so far. You can check amazon for it.

A good site I use for products is YouTube, type in the search of the style your going for and will bring up some good products to try out, as long as I see they don't contain alcohol I give them a try.

As far as bond issues, I am not experiencing any lifting from product. I experience issues depending on frequency of full rinses and shampooing. Currently averaging 12-14 days before I get any lifting, and really only front, back and sides stay secure till debond. The more I shampoo and rinse the less the bond holds.
01-28-2012, 01:21 PM,
Get waxworks by paul mitchell. American crew pomade should be ok too.. I have used their grooming cream which is different than the forming cream.. the grooming cream is very high shine and very thick. it gives u a strong hold that isn't crispy,, but its a little strong and greasy for me.. and u can't really mix it with water.. its water resistant.

I think pomade and waxworks is a safe bet. I like the texture of waxworks better and i mix it with water and it gives me a gel type hold, but without the crispy crunchy dry feeling.. it gives me a good shine.. and it has a great lasting power. Lasts me all day. Like gel gets dry after awhile and looks crusty and matted.. waxworks makes me look like i just did my hair all day. its got that clean, shiny look. How u apply it wet or dry will determine how much shine.
01-28-2012, 02:02 PM,
I haven't tried the waxworks yet, but have known you (Xeon) likes it, another thread discusses that, so definitely want to give that a try. As far as American Crew same as Xeon says, I have not gotten the 'crunchy' feeling with any product besides a gel so far, pomade depending on which, completely different than gels.
01-28-2012, 02:33 PM,
xeon.. does the waxworks wash out easily though? i really hate what gel has done to my hair lol.

is this the right one xeon? http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Mitchell-Wax-...roduct_top

this also may be a stupid question.. but is it a gel or wax? i know its called waxworks.. but it seems it comes in a tube. usually waxes come in tubs.
01-28-2012, 03:04 PM,
Yeah that is it. I haven't noticed any difficulty washing it out, but than again I normally do not have that problem with hair products.. they seem to wash out. It is a waxy substance.. Its white color and medium thick liquid. Not as thick as gel but it has substance to it. id def consider it a wax. Its made up with a lot of oils I believe. U don't need much of it, a little bit goes a long way.
01-28-2012, 03:51 PM,
thanks for all the answers xeon.. last question. do you have to wash it off with shampoo? or is it fine with water?
01-28-2012, 08:34 PM,
Best Gel I ever used was this.... http://www.pharmacyathand.co.uk/gbu0-pro...x-Gel.html
No sticky or flaky residue, great hold and simply brushes out... often used it on system hair --never adversely -affected it. I don`t use Gels frequently now, but I always have a tube of this to hand should I decide to..... really great product.