Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Template draft pics (resized!) any suggestions...
01-22-2012, 01:25 PM,
First Template draft pics (resized!) any suggestions...
Ok made a template draft, want to get some feedback please guys!!!!

I'm thinkin of ordering a french base swiss front poly on back and sides, freestyle body wave...
Gettin closer to place the order...

What do you guys think regarding the hairline??? I used the 3 or 4 finger rule....

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Attached Files Image(s)

01-22-2012, 01:47 PM,
RE: First Template draft pics any suggestions...
Looks good from what I see but it's real hard to tell with huge pics. Can you shrink them down to about 25-30% of that size?
01-22-2012, 02:01 PM,
I don't know why they came out so big.. When i opened them on my pc they are not this big
01-22-2012, 02:37 PM,
I am in no way an expert but looking at the third pic you posted your hair looks a little thin under your combed back hair. If you brush your hair down, is it thin under there? If so I would include that area as well in a template unless you are wanting a thinning appearance. I would also make the front hair line a bit larger than what you have. Just my opinion, again no expert.
01-22-2012, 03:21 PM,
Hey Eric thanks very much for the input; this is a draft just my first one yuo do have a point there I might cover a bit more on the sides...
01-22-2012, 09:51 PM,
Hi garaboy ..as the guys said, pics are very large [but really clear too!] If you click the `Edit` button just under
your original post, then click `Full Edit`, scroll down and you can remove the pics...... then use this simple programme
to re-size them down ..it`s REALLY easy to use.. http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
just scroll down the page a little and you`ll see `` Choose file`` [click it and select your pic/s from your computer-folder]
Next, just click in the little button alongside [ let`s say ] 50% ....then click the purple `` Resize`` bar..... job done !
Re-post the pics and we can give you more accurate feed-back !
01-23-2012, 04:28 AM,
RE: First Template draft pics (resized!) any suggestions...
Paul, again thank you for the re-size tip! looking forward to your feedback....
01-23-2012, 05:19 AM,
OK... marked a suggested /slightly smaller line which you might want to consider....hard to see through the template to the underlying hair [Template looks nice and sturdy ] and please excuse the line--it should be more of curved shape at the back there--I`m doing this on a Laptop and it`s hard to be accurate--- it looked to me like the template was over-lapping your growing hair...so just tweak it so it`s just `inside`it..no point in shaving off `good`hair to make room for a system! The pics. are very clear...John can send them with your order and it`ll help to get a good matching system....you`re going to be wearing your hair swept back tightly so definitely Swiss lace front....you might like to consider all-Swiss as it`s a relatively small topper really and the density won`t be too high [thus requiring a slightly heavier lace] ...that style should be really easy to carry-off.....the ventilation will have to be really tight-back.....the front knots will have to be well-bleached.....the rest of it won`t matter too much from that aspect as the hair will be mainly covering the scalp. You`ll have to use some styling product I reckon ..something like the Paul Mitchell `waxworks ` the guys were chatting about on the other thread...will help the blend-in on your own and hold the hair in place,as it looks like you have some product applied to it at the moment? Wait to hear what others think/recommend .... I only suggested this adjustment as it looks [as far as I`m able to see] that the back is covering some growing hair....obviously you can see if it is or not !
Looks like a nice result for your efforts though..I reckon the front hairline is about right too...oh---don`t forget to write `Front`and `Back`on it too to avoid any possible mix-up.... you can also specify `No name tag`` too if you like---they can annoy some guys especially on a `light`lace like Swiss .. Cheers for now .
(01-22-2012, 02:37 PM)EricInNY Wrote: I am in no way an expert but looking at the third pic you posted your hair looks a little thin under your combed back hair. If you brush your hair down, is it thin under there? If so I would include that area as well in a template unless you are wanting a thinning appearance. I would also make the front hair line a bit larger than what you have. Just my opinion, again no expert.

I know what you mean Eric..the only thing is with the style he`s going to have [swept-back] if you visualise [ relatively ] long-ish hair on top of that Template as it`s shown, it will more or less cover up that slightly thin hair there....he can always go slightly larger on his next one if he feels he need to-- my estimate is, his system -density should not go above the low-end of medium, and the size shown should `do`him ok as a starter system.... he`ll have a much better idea of what way he wants to proceed on subsequent orders then--- I just think that the side hair , while a little thin, is still in pretty good condition and looks `strong`--it would be a bit of a shame to shave it down until he really needs to...but I do know what you mean....again, it`s garaboy`s decision ultimately and us chipping in with different views is ALL good....he can take several opinions into account when making his decision ....regards for now---let me know later in the week too how you`re finding the new `regime`with your conditioners etc....

Attached Files Image(s)

01-23-2012, 05:58 AM,
Just to clarify that i'm not gonna use the swept back look, I only combed my hair back just to show the template, and yes Paul the template is slightly sitting on growing hair, didnt want to shave it now for obvious reasons, I only used water to slick it back, if I push the template down it will cover the crown spot on. I'm going for the freestyle but want to be able to use the combed back style in more formal events... I've read that with freestyle you can accomplish this, being able to use different hair styles with it, in contrast as to ordering a swept back ventilation I dont know if you can style it combed forward; want to use for daily style like the pics that I have attached . Again very thankful of your thoughts

Attached Files Image(s)

01-23-2012, 07:38 AM,
Yea I see your point Paul about why shave the good hair on top of the thinning hair, at least for his first piece. Before Garaboy responded with the type of style he was wanting I was gonna say he's got great back and side hair that with a freestyle system he can achieve many different styles from slick back, spikey, faux hawk, etc, so with that good of back and side hair would most definetly go with the freestyle. You could always adjust your template after you get your system and want to change anything as far as hairline or thinning spots. I recently ordered my second one and added density to my back and sides as first one was slightly too thin. So good luck with ordering your first piece Garaboy and hope to see some pics when you get it cut in.