Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just want to confirm im doing my touch ups correctly?
01-21-2012, 09:28 PM,
RE: just want to confirm im doing my touch ups correctly?
Adjust-a-bond is only used by some guys when they are ready to do their bond and they need to `buy time` before the glue/tapes stick fully.... it allows you to `tweak` your system`s position..basically keeps the glue / tape `tacky`for an extra minute or two. Don`t know why you`d be using it for any type of `clean-up`situation, however minor.....it`s only designed to delay adhesive materials from `setting`. Any time I ever did a small touch-up, I just lifted the loose area gently [it would be easy enough to possibly tear lace if you were too `rough`with it] and I had a soft cotton cloth which had some solvent on it, which I rubbed the `loose` glue with.....if you over-moisten the cloth, chances are the solvent will `travel/seep` onto surrounding `good`glue and debond it....I always found it `fiddly`to be doing in one small spot... I used to end up re-doing the whole front hairline, for instance --- couldn`t be bothered trying to do a little half-inch strip and `avoid`the rest, but then I`m not the most patient when it comes to these things ! I`ve never used Ultrahold...it`s an acrylic glue as far as I remember, and supposed to be one of the strongest.. I`m wondering why you need to do touch-up`s at all ? Is it maybe a case that either an extra layer/coat is required when doing the bond or are you leaving it on too long.....every bond has to be re-done as you know, the frequency depends on various factors [type of glue, your body-chemistry, weather conditions etc] but if insufficient coats were applied at the start, you`ll get lifting here and there, early on. I`m just wondering do guys who use Ultrahold all the time, have to do touch-up`s regularly ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: just want to confirm im doing my touch ups correctly? - Paul In Ireland - 01-21-2012, 09:28 PM