Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do i need to use c22 for ultra hold cleap up?
01-21-2012, 02:24 PM,
do i need to use c22 for ultra hold cleap up?
lady at the salon bonded me with uh.. it gave me a great hold.. before i debond. i just want to know how i do a clean up having used uh? is walker adhesive remover good enough?
01-21-2012, 09:50 PM,
RE: do i need to use c22 for ultra hold cleap up?
Do you remember when you got some Ultra Hold on your hand and posted the question, "What do I remove Ultra Hold with from my hand?"
And do you remember that as usual, Paul gave you a clear & detailed reply?
Well the skin on your hand is the same skin as on your head.
Likewise the Ultra Hold on your hand is no different to the Ultra Hold on your head or lace.

So I'm going to put all that information together and suggest that you could repeat the 'hand cleaning' process but successfully translate it to also clean your scalp & lace.

Paul also gave you very detailed information on detaching & reattaching and all the stages you need to go through.
A 'touch-up' (that is not simply a quick re-glue job) is a small version of that same process.
The only difference is, you're doing it in a localised area, rather than all over.
So you use the same products & methods, but only in the place that needs it.
This is information you've already been given.

I appreciate that since joining the forum a few months ago and having asked over 200 questions, it can't always be easy for you to remember the answers you've been given.
So here is a link to the 9 pages of your posts:
http://forum.toplace.com/search.php?acti...1f4918e2b1

You alone have spent 75 hours asking those questions and received multiple answers from several members. Paul's detailed answers are often very lengthy, at least 4 times the length of your questions. That means he has devoted up to 2-3 working weeks helping you in the last 3 months. Out of respect & appreciation for his time & effort, it might be an idea to refresh yourself of some of the wisdom he has so generously given.

I really feel that you worry unnecessarily over every minor detail.
Its ok to make a mistake or try something for yourself without having your hand held at every step.
Its how we learn. Its how most of us have learned.

But if it really is all too much for you to cope with alone, you might be best putting yourself permanently in the hands of a professional.
You must have spent a small fortune by now buying every type of glue, tape, solvent & haircare product ever mentioned on this forum. You don't appear to know what half the products you've bought are actually for.
I believe you've over thought this whole thing and in attempting to gather answers & remedies for every possible scenario (likely or unlikely) you've just confused yourself even more.

In the initial stages of this transition, I believe that money would be better spent on going to a salon and having them take care of all your needs.
You make it sound like you're just not able or ready to go-it-alone at this time and a paid professional could give you all the help & attention you're asking for.
01-21-2012, 10:42 PM,
(01-21-2012, 02:24 PM)elvis Wrote: lady at the salon bonded me with uh.. it gave me a great hold.. before i debond. i just want to know how i do a clean up having used uh? is walker adhesive remover good enough?
Not being flippant with you now but `Walker` is simply a brand-name..they make many products, including tapes etc. Whatever adhesive remover made by them, that you have to hand , it`s probably an Alcohol one [ I assume]
Glues come in 2 types...water-based [white] glues and acrylic ones.
The clean-up /removal products are, basically, also 2 types.....Alcohol `melters` and Citrus-based `Solvents`. You`ll just have to do trial-and-error to see what works best/easiest for you.....we all do really. I find `Pure` melter[ alcohol] can be `weak` at times and it can take several applications/wiping off with kitchen roll etc. before all glue is gone......Citrus- based [solvent] ones like C-22, are `stronger`in my experience.....however, I know that some people who use `Ghost-bond` have had to use the glue remover made by that company specifically for removing their product i.e. `Ghost-bond`, as it seems quite resistant to the more commonly-available glue-removers. Having said that, you`ll just have to see what works best for you ..why not apply some U.H. to the back of your hand , let it cure, and then experiment with your C22 and/or alcohol and see which is more effective? I`ve always only used a white glue and /or tape and never an acrylic glue, so am not best placed to give a definite answer regarding U.H.......check with your stylist lady and see what she uses to remove it....she may recommend a specific one she finds best for use on Ultrahold.
01-23-2012, 08:35 AM,
Please re-read your old posts Elvis, or go over all previous threads by others available in the forum. I've now gone it alone for about 15 months, in all that time (well early on after joining) I read near enough every post & reply regarding all manner of h/system care. I've not actually posted one single question - all the answers you need are on these, & other, hair wearing forums. Go & do some looking mate. Regards