Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fullcap Template pics.
01-19-2012, 01:55 PM,
RE: New Fullcap Template pics.
Hi Paul, I am happy with the system as it arrived. It was dead-on to my template. However, while I was waiting for it I changed the amount of temple area hair I wanted to integrate. I essentially wanted to use more of my own hair so consequently the system was a little oversized when I got it and I had to cut it a bit to get it to more or less follow my new hair track.

I agree with keep some of the nape hair for the reasons you mentioned, even if just a tiny bit like you. I don't think I'll ever get rid of the nape hair (unless it falls out!)

I was thinking about trying tape around the temples but I find applying tape to be a bit frustrating, especially to sharp angles. Also, for some reason any time I use tape it stays on my scalp when I de-bond, and this really tears my skin up when I put it off growing hair (hurts like hell too). I might try it again next attachment. I did take Jrob's advice from the video and use a strip of tape for the nape, extended just a bit beyond the lace to reduce an edge, and it worked very well for that. I also like his back-to-front attachment technique. I got a more or less perfect (for me!) attachment before I went in for the cut in. Having it anchored at the back made it pretty easy for me to line the hairline up and everything fell into place. It was basically wrinkle-free which I was thrilled about. I'm not a pro at attaching (yet).

I might try not using any of my own hair at the temples on my next one, just to see if there's much of a difference in the way it looks. I comb my hair forward in that area anyway. But I am curious what Jrob thinks about my natural temples being too far forward for a hairpiece as I have to keep that a bit longer than normal, so I'm going to wait to hear back. Basically it seems that it would be easy for me to make a template based on copying what's naturally growing from just above the sideburn up to the top temple (as I do have hair, albeit thin). I could make the perfect template. But ventilation would have to be awesome as I like to wear that area as short as possible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Fullcap Template pics. - LTB - 01-14-2012, 06:09 AM
RE: New Fullcap Template pics. - LTB - 01-14-2012, 07:35 AM
RE: New Fullcap Template pics. - JRob - 01-18-2012, 02:11 PM
RE: New Fullcap Template pics. - expriest - 01-18-2012, 03:19 PM
RE: New Fullcap Template pics. - expriest - 01-19-2012, 01:55 PM
RE: New Fullcap Template pics. - sagem - 01-19-2012, 10:38 PM
RE: New Fullcap Template pics. - JRob - 01-22-2012, 01:27 PM
RE: New Fullcap Template pics. - garaboy - 01-23-2012, 04:46 AM
RE: New Fullcap Template pics. - JRob - 01-23-2012, 10:40 AM