Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need a change of direction?
01-13-2012, 04:06 AM,
need a change of direction?
hello toplace users,my name is tony i am 32 from manchester in england and for the past 6 years i have been suffering with male pattern baldness i would say i am a norwood 2.5 but have diffuse thinning in the norwood 5 area,up until the age of 26 my hair was awesome,i was so proud off it,now my hair only brings me sorrow and suicidal thoughts even though i am not bald yet and have quite a lot of hair left i just hate how it looks and can't stand the thought off going through another 6 years of pain........i have researched hair transplants and i am on propecia for the last 18 months but this seems to be doing nothing in fact i think it makes my hair worse but i feel i have to do something.......i think most people who get transplants look rubbish ok they have hair on top of there heads but that is it still looks bad and the loss continues....i have been loking at hair systems (wigs) for the last 3 years on and off sometimes convincing myself that this is the only option as my hair gets worse...but then i s ay to my self how can i wear a wig people will laugh behind my back...on this forum i see some good and some bad and some terrible i would only consider wearing if it looked good....i feel i would have to quit my job and work somewhere else because that would make the transition easier....i am lucky that i have £6000 savings in the bank so money should not be a problem in the short term but can anyone convince me that this is the right move ?
i have a couple of pics

Attached Files Image(s)

01-13-2012, 05:07 AM,
RE: need a change of direction?
You look to have a full head of hair. Not sure why you are even here so not sure what sort of advice you will get.
01-13-2012, 05:42 AM,
Lad, you have very little to worry about!! I personally don't think this route is for you. If your talking about quitting work to do it I would say don't!! Can you post pics of your crown so we can see more clearly as looking at the pic you posted, your hairline and temples look fine. Having said that everyone is different. With regards to the suicidal feelings, I am not 'belittling' how you feel at all but it is only hair. You can replace it!! You still have your health, a job and money. I started losing my hair when I was 17 so I do know where you are coming from but it isn't worth getting down over. Like anything you feel bad about, act on it. I would personally say either continue the drug therapy or have a transplant. There are good doctors out there especially in London, just don't get it done cheap. I would imagine, again this is only looking at the pic you have posted, you would need to thicken in a few areas at most. Remember that in 10 years you will be over 40 and a shaved head at that age is common place.
01-14-2012, 12:57 AM,
TBH Its not the best picture to evaluate, try taking a closer pic outside.

The previous poster is spot on, you have to focus on the positives in your life, its just hair, hairloss is a pain no question but it doesnt stop you doing anything. Some people have real problems to deal with. Time to man up my friend.

p.s. Have you tried concealers, I use toppik and its great!
01-14-2012, 02:54 AM,
Looks to me like you still have all your hair ! I don`t doubt you probably have some hairloss, but the pic is not showing it..we need to see closer-up pic of the crown etc. preferably in good natural light.... ..as others have said, yes it`s a total pain in the butt when it begins, but you need to put it into perspective...you could have far worse/ more serious problems....you have your health and long may it continue..... I certainly wouldn`t be considering any kind of drastic action in these times, such as packing up your employment.....there are no certainties in life except taxes and death[!!] so there can be no guarantees that a system will be 100% as you want /would like it to be, but with a bit of research on here, there`s no reason why you can`t get a system [if you choose to wear one] that you can be reasonably happy with. If I were in your position, I wouldn`t consider transplants etc. -- just my personal feeling on that option-- but I feel that as it`s more invasive and again, NO guarantees, it`s just an option I wouldn`t be bothered with... at least if a system is not `right`you can get a different one to replace it...I`ve seen guys on here and elsewhere saying they had bad results including scarring, from ``procedures`` .
01-14-2012, 07:49 AM,
Hi,

Im from the UK myself. If you have thinning hair, and from what I can see it must be the crown as the front is fine, I wouldnt advise a wig/system for you at present. Google Nanogen hair concealer. I used it for a few years and it is magic stuff for making your hair look about 10 times thicker than it is.

You can then build your hair up to a full thick look and maintain it at that thicknes with the nanogens when you are in public.

Then just monitor your hair loss and see if gets worse when you wash the nanogens out, if it is, then you can move to a system that looks the same style as your hair with nanogens in, noone will know - I did it myself. I work with all lads on a building site, they would hammer me if they knew, but they dont and they never noticed the switch.

Dont let hair loss rule your life, take control and rule your hair!

Benq
01-16-2012, 05:00 PM,
______

Attached Files Image(s)

01-17-2012, 01:31 AM,
(01-16-2012, 05:00 PM)justin sane Wrote: ______

Hello Justin,

Did you ever get your unit cut-in, Rhode Island ?
Did you happen to contact the lead I gave you for the salon down at the Pier ?
If you did get a RI cut-in , any details ? Cost, salon, etc etc

Thanks Justin,

johnny/albuquerque
01-17-2012, 01:50 AM,
Hey man! No I havent got a cut in yet, I have a weird hair type so I have no idea what to order, Im going to have to see somebody about what style I should order first. Then Ill def get a cut in from that lady in Point Judith. I was thinking of calling her for advice and help on a template. Do you think she can help?
01-17-2012, 04:34 AM,
(01-17-2012, 01:50 AM)justin sane Wrote: Hey man! No I havent got a cut in yet, I have a weird hair type so I have no idea what to order, Im going to have to see somebody about what style I should order first. Then Ill def get a cut in from that lady in Point Judith. I was thinking of calling her for advice and help on a template. Do you think she can help?

Justin,

I think she can help you !

May as well catch the ferry over to Block Island and spend the day ! Smile

My grandfather was a fisherman and made his living from the waters around Bristol, Prudence Island and Block !

Also, Justin...try :

Davids Greenwood Barber Shop
2879 Post Rd.
Warick, RI
401 737 7077
Dave wears and my nephew and brother say he is a great barber and I bet he can help you !! Maybe, since he is a wearer, could be your best way to go and a closer than the Pier !

Please give me an update if you remember, especially if you use Dave. Being a barber, may not charge much more than a haircut ? In fact , I may give him a try when I soon make a RI trip !

Thanks............johnny