Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo of a TL 700 (closeup)
01-25-2012, 12:50 AM,
RE: Photo of a TL 700 (closeup)
Good honest information here from Toplace having told us that the new gen skin wouldn't work for full caps due to the ventilation. Some other companies would just say "yeah we can do anything you want" and take our money.
01-25-2012, 11:15 AM,
(01-24-2012, 08:33 PM)Tonyuk Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 06:41 PM)ozziepete Wrote: Does John wear one

I believe he does yes...

I've got a TL 700 New Generation base unit on right now. As I mentioned before I love the ease of clean up and attachment using 'Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Glue.' But I also wear the lace units too.
Regards,
John
http://www.toplace.com/
01-26-2012, 01:20 AM,
I would love to try a skin base but my problem is I still have loads of stubble on my hairpiece area that grows out fast and would push a skin base off. With lace most of the stubble grows out through the holes and so I can get a week's hold before the stubble becomes a problem.
01-27-2012, 02:00 AM,
(01-25-2012, 11:15 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote:

I believe he does yes...

I've got a TL 700 New Generation base unit on right now. As I mentioned before I love the ease of clean up and attachment using 'Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Glue.' But I also wear the lace units too.
Regards,
John

Thanks for the reply John. How does the hairline look on this piece.
01-27-2012, 05:54 AM,
(01-26-2012, 01:20 AM)Hairenough Wrote: I would love to try a skin base but my problem is I still have loads of stubble on my hairpiece area that grows out fast and would push a skin base off. With lace most of the stubble grows out through the holes and so I can get a week's hold before the stubble becomes a problem.

Hey Hairenough

I have a good bit of stubble ... maybe not as much as you, but about an inch on each side of the top AND transplants in concentric horseshoe shaped rings on the front. I still place my hairline about an inch in front of where my transplants start (at least the surgeon didn't get too aggressive with the front -- he was at least thinking of the far future in this regard).

And I had the same concern as you ... as much of this stubble would grow through the holes when I wore lace. But even w/ skin, I've found that I can still get a week, or 10 days without the stubble pushing the skin base off. I can feel - mostly the transplants - pushing up against the under side of the skin, but there seems to be enough elasticity in the base, that they don't seem to push the piece off. This is w/ a full head bond w/ white glue.

On average, hair grows about a half inch per month. Mine seems in line w/ this .... transplant stubble is about an eighth inch long after a week.

I'm reattaching today ... 6 days since the last one (going early because the timing is better). As I feel around side edges of my skin topper, it still feels very undetectable, and this is the exact area that has stubble growing underneath it. Doesn't seem logical, but it's OK. So if you're already a weekly wearer, there's a good chance skin may still be worth a try.

I do have fairly fine hair though ...

FWIW, YMMV

~FB
01-28-2012, 11:11 AM,
(01-25-2012, 11:15 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote:

I believe he does yes...

Regards,
John

Post a pic. of your noggin john!! Let's see the goods! Wink
01-30-2012, 06:35 AM,
Is this thin skin transparent? I think that is the key.. I believe thin skins have a big potential that haven't been reached. I think the ventilation needs to be good and the transparency of the skin even if its super thin needs to be good. For example if u soak ur hand and lay the skin on it it is super invisible because it becomes totally transparent.
01-30-2012, 02:27 PM,
Xeon,
Both our PSB and New Generation skin base units are translucent so the color of your scalp shows through. I agree completely with you about the big potential of skin units. As technology has improved and the skins have gotten thinner they truly have 'raised the bar' for skin units. I wear lace and I also wear skin units---each has it's own advantages. One thing we've tried to do at Toplace is to keep our selection of bases narrowed down to only the 'cream of the crop' bases.
Regards,
John
01-30-2012, 11:16 PM,
(01-30-2012, 06:35 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: Is this thin skin transparent? I think that is the key.. I believe thin skins have a big potential that haven't been reached. I think the ventilation needs to be good and the transparency of the skin even if its super thin needs to be good. For example if u soak ur hand and lay the skin on it it is super invisible because it becomes totally transparent.

I think your'e right Xeon, i can see a time not too far ahead, when the manufacture of very thin skin pieces are computer controlled, bringing the time saving cost of manufacture right down, whch in turn will open a whole new "disposables ,wear it once, peel it off and throw it away" era.

Maybe bought in packs of 10 ?.. :-)
01-31-2012, 12:15 AM,
forget about computers injecting hair....maybe this will be a reality
http://www.nbtequitiesresearch.com/repor...r-baldness