Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo of a TL 700 (closeup)
01-19-2012, 11:53 AM,
RE: Photo of a TL 700 (closeup)
I can order a stock New Generation unit from the factory. You will have it in about a week. Just email me at [email protected]. The cost is $279.00. I'm working with the webmaster to put up a new shopping cart and we'll have the New Generations stock unit as an option along with French lace and thin skin (same as the TL 400).
Regards,
John
http:www:///toplace.com/
01-19-2012, 01:31 PM,
John, can the new gen be a full cap? Curious on your thoughts about that. Also, will ventilation be an issue? In other words, can the v-loops be angled down - or in any direction for that matter - to facilitate a nice tight/short/down cut that's needed in the temples/sides above the ears/lower back areas of full caps? Or in even other words, are there any ventilation drawbacks or differences between this new gen vloop and a standard sfs unit?

This interests me because full caps tend to hug the scalp nicely anyway, and being a skin piece it seems that a good bond could be achieved with GTBG only thus making cleanup a breeze Smile

If there are no ventilation limitations and if this is truly that thin (as thin as the original poster's) I'm all in for one.

Thanks in advance...xp
01-19-2012, 01:34 PM,
I'll check with the factory about it. The ventilation wouldn't be a problem. I hope I can get a response from them before they close for Chinese New Year (Jan 20-28). I'll post asap on this.
01-20-2012, 11:59 AM,
Just heard back from the factory about making a TL 700 New Generation full cap. They said it is not possible to make a good full cap in New Gen. The issue is the V loop knotting. It cannot be angled downward for the sides and back so it will not look realistic. They recommend either French lace of Super Fine Swiss lace as the best choices for a full cap.
Regards,
John
01-20-2012, 02:04 PM,
Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks for the information. I wonder if using injected hairs in those areas would make this doable. It would just be two different skin bases, one vlooped and one injected, joined at/around the upper temple area and around the head. Just a thought...

The idea of a having the ease of attachment with skin on a full cap is enticing.
01-21-2012, 10:04 PM,
(01-12-2012, 11:26 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: O.k--here's the TL 700 also known as the New Generation base. The thinnest base available! Lots of chatter on the forum so I thought I'd post the photo so you can see for yourselves. You will not find and skin base that's thinner than this. This base is excellent!
Regards,
John
http:///www.toplace.com/

It would be a lot more interesting showing the detail where the skin begins.I mean the line between real skin and atificial skin
01-22-2012, 11:51 PM,
(01-21-2012, 10:04 PM)fante Wrote:
(01-12-2012, 11:26 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: O.k--here's the TL 700 also known as the New Generation base. The thinnest base available! Lots of chatter on the forum so I thought I'd post the photo so you can see for yourselves. You will not find and skin base that's thinner than this. This base is excellent!
Regards,
John

It would be a lot more interesting showing the detail where the skin begins.I mean the line between real skin and atificial skin

I asked the same and was hoping some other pics would be posted. Alot of chatter but no pics apart from one that is from the top that really doesnt show if its good or not.
01-23-2012, 02:37 AM,
(01-22-2012, 11:51 PM)ozziepete Wrote:
(01-21-2012, 10:04 PM)fante Wrote:
Regards,
John

I asked the same and was hoping some other pics would be posted. Alot of chatter but no pics apart from one that is from the top that really doesnt show if its good or not.
Im sure John will oblige with some pics of the hairline if we keep nudging him :-)
01-24-2012, 06:41 PM,
Does John wear one
01-24-2012, 08:33 PM,
(01-24-2012, 06:41 PM)ozziepete Wrote: Does John wear one

I believe he does yes...