Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how beneficial is a knot sealer?
02-12-2012, 07:01 AM,
RE: how beneficial is a knot sealer?
Depending on the frequency of washing/s, I believe the general wisdom is to re-apply it monthly...... I have always used it on my systems, even if it`s only the once. I admit I haven`t usually applied it to a particular system after the initial application......some guys never use it, with the extra cost involved with Fullcaps, I reckon prevention is better than cure.... anything which possibly/probably prolongs the serviceable life of a system is worth it in my opinion. I`m wearing a system which is 8 months old now and still getting away with it.... I only use that `Enhance` conditioner and an odd-application of Brylcreem when the mood takes me..... shedding occurs from knots becoming undone and / or dryness making the hair brittle and then snapping off........I know many wearers literally plaster-on a myriad of styling products, but I`m not a fan, because they can have ingredients which don`t sit too easily with system hair....growing hair grows out and also, new hairs grow to replace old/damaged hair so any negative effects of ingredients can be overcome naturally whereas system hair is a `sitting duck`--it cannot repair or replace itself and any `damage` is cumulative---it has to take whatever we `throw`at it and has no oils/lubricants of it`s own.....so far my method has stood me in good stead ... I know `products` can really help achieve cool looks/effects, but I honestly feel that heavy use/application can lead to shortening the life of a system---I guess that`s acceptable if a wearer is not too constrained and can easily afford to replace systems more frequently..... it`s a trade-off----just my 2-cents.

Messages In This Thread
how beneficial is a knot sealer? - elvis - 01-12-2012, 10:44 AM
RE: how beneficial is a knot sealer? - Paul In Ireland - 02-12-2012, 07:01 AM