Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
anyone got any advice on how to keep hair soft and not so dry?
01-22-2012, 06:43 AM,
RE: anyone got any advice on how to keep hair soft and not so dry?
I think paul mitchell waxworks is the same product, they just have changed the bottle design over the years, so some bottles look different than others. I think the product is the same. I don't know if they reformulated it over the years or not, but I just buy whatever waxworks I find.
01-22-2012, 07:02 AM,
I bought Paul Mitchell's dry wax off ebay for about a tenner. It's pretty good, gives the hair a nice feel, smells nice and washes out easily if you need to. In regards to shampoo and so on I use Matrix Biolage Hydrating shampoo and conditioner, off ebay £13.50 for both. I'm still very new to this and still learning, but I do feel that these products make the hair feel less dry after using them.

I also use a leave in conditioner which many recommend, the aussie formula one...again pretty good, but I'm still keen to see what others come up with. Might give the Brylcreem a pop.
01-25-2012, 02:43 PM,
(01-21-2012, 03:56 PM)Hersute Wrote: But seriously, there are only a handful of us who regularly respond to posts.
Paul is dedicated to it, but even he must get tired of repeating himself over & over again.
I know its easier to just ask someone rather than make an effort yourself, but by pushing it to this extent, you're going to find less & less people willing to be helpful.

I support Hersute on this one, us noobs tend to be lazy and don't use the "search" feature in here, I do try to read and search first and then if I didn't find anything post a thread with some questions, this is the wikipedia of hair wearers, let's be kind to the experts and do not make them repeat themselves!!!
03-12-2012, 05:17 AM,
(01-19-2012, 01:33 PM)expriest Wrote: Xeon, does WW with water cause the hair to be stiff at all while it's on? I've never tried it. Also, do you wear a full cap?

I've tried wax works and it feels like paste on the hair, flattens it and did nothing to actually soften it.
03-16-2012, 10:07 AM,
I style my hair using leave in conditioner and then set it with hair spray. Hair stays quite soft then.
03-17-2012, 12:56 AM,
(03-16-2012, 10:07 AM)Benq Wrote: I style my hair using leave in conditioner and then set it with hair spray. Hair stays quite soft then.

I used to use Wax Works, but find Brylcream does a better job for a lot less money. It keeps the hair soft, with a bit of hold. Use very little, and not every day, it will build up and flatten the hair.
03-18-2012, 10:29 PM,
(03-17-2012, 12:56 AM)winstonage Wrote:
(03-16-2012, 10:07 AM)Benq Wrote: I style my hair using leave in conditioner and then set it with hair spray. Hair stays quite soft then.

I used to use Wax Works, but find Brylcream does a better job for a lot less money. It keeps the hair soft, with a bit of hold. Use very little, and not every day, it will build up and flatten the hair.

Yeah I agree build ups are a problem, I suggest running water on your hand and patting your hair, it revitalises the brylcream in your hair and allows you to restyle without adding more product, then just set with hair spray.
03-24-2012, 04:40 AM,
Do you guys use Brylcream after applying a leave-in conditioner ? Or just the Brylcream and occasionally shampooing/conditioning the hair? Also, would you be so kind as to point out which Brylcream you are using out of the 3 :

http://www.drogisterij.net/Brylcreem/m?p...DgodgF8C0Q

Thanks!
03-24-2012, 07:01 AM,
The middle one [`Original`] ... these pomades can and do build-up...apply very sparingly -- put a small amount in the palm of one hand...spritz with plenty water, then rub hands together and make sure the fingers are coated...then draw it through damp hair..style lightly.
03-24-2012, 02:02 PM,
Brylcreem!!!!

I know it's been said, but it works! The hair systems seem hungry for it! I've used a bit more than I ever did with my 'real' hair (back in the day), but it seems to need it!
I lose it all on the pillow at night, but a little dab'll do you for the day.

Pomade is great for styling. Pay attention to Paul! Use sparingly!

...and did I mention Brylcream?