Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
going to be traveling
01-13-2012, 07:57 AM,
RE: going to be traveling
I have to show up to 30 years worth of passports (3x 10 year passports) for some destinations because they have resident visas in them that have not been transferred to my current passport.

I have more hair in the later passports pictures than in the earlier ones!
No one has ever said a thing.
Nor will they, as they are trained for discretion.
You are pre profiled before you even present your passport, so if everything is in order, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

On a slightly different note re hair wearing & officials, I was stopped by police early last year and asked to 'help with their inquiries'.
I was told that they had a right to take a DNA sample from me (I think this is soon to be revoked in the UK) and that I could voluntarily give a sample with an oral swab.
If I refused, the police were entitled to pull 3 hairs from my head!
As I've not committed any crimes and have no intention of doing so in the future, I let them take a swab.
But ever since I've kind of wished I'd let them pluck the hairs.
I keep imagining myself having a glamorous life of crime, with some poor woman in India taking the wrap!
01-13-2012, 11:42 AM,
RE: going to be traveling
(01-13-2012, 07:57 AM)Hersute Wrote: I have to show up the 30 years worth of passports (3x 10 year passports) for some destinations because they have resident visas in them that have not been transferred to my current passport.

I have more hair in the later passports pictures than in the earlier ones!
No one has ever said a thing.
Nor will they, as they are trained for discretion.
You are pre profiled before you even present your passport, so if everything is in order, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

On a slightly different note re hair wearing & officials, I was stopped by police early last years and asked to 'help with their inquiries'.
I was told that they had a right to take a DNA sample from me (I think this is soon to be revoked in the UK) and that I could voluntarily give a sample with an oral swab.
If I refused, the police were entitled to pull 3 hairs from my head!
As I've not committed any crimes and have no intention of doing so in the future, I let them take a swab.
But ever since I've kind of wished I'd let them pluck the hairs.
I keep imagining myself having a glamorous life of crime, with some poor woman in India taking the wrap!

Well Done!