Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V-looped thinnest skin photos (same as TL700)
01-06-2012, 02:55 AM,
V-looped thinnest skin photos (same as TL700)
Thought I'd post some pics of my latest, v-looped, thinnest skin piece w/ exposed hairline. Many seem to be curious about how the hairlines look (compared to lace) as skin keeps improving.

This is not a TL piece, salon/club contract situation (arrghh), but these are made in Chinese factories like all other hairpieces, and comparable to what's available online for MUCH less. Hope this is OK w/ John ... I'd be ordering from him were it not for my contract ...

This is a brand new topper, attached and cut in yesterday ... so attachment is at its best, condition of hair is at its best ... but it hasn't settled down yet, hasn't been under a shower, and it may need a cut-in tweak after it settles.

You may notice a slight color and texture disparity between the top and sides in the last pic, but in most lights and distances it's fine, and the color softens a bit, especially after a shampoo or two. It does not look as red in person. This color is achieved w/ a mix of #17 and #20 ... used to have #7 in my pieces too, but they looked too dark to me, so I took it out ... maybe a mistake as I look at that last pic Wink Still tweaking, and color advice welcome ...

There's only a bit of styling lotion in the hair ... but wax works helps a lot with the color disparity.

This is lightest density available through my salon ... I'm guessing about 55% on TL's scale ?

I'll post a few more below ... INTENTIONALLY trying to bust myself by showing situations where the front edge is more detectable.

Even though it's not perfect, it beats the hell out the bad transplants, scarring, and the baldness transplants couldn't cover.

I turned 48 today ... and most people think I look younger ...

Cheers,
FB

Attached Files Image(s)

01-06-2012, 04:00 AM,
RE: V-looped thinnest skin photos (non TL)
(01-06-2012, 02:55 AM)furball Wrote: I'll post a few more below ... INTENTIONALLY trying to bust myself by showing situations where the front edge is more detectable.

As promised ... this is right under the dome light in my car at night ... I sometimes notice the light catching the very slight "lip" at the front edge in my rear view mirror. But I really had to take many shots at just the right angle, with my head a few inches from the light, to expose this. For the most part, it's acceptable to me ... and undetectable to most people.

Hope these are informative for those wondering about skin ...

FB

P.S. Last pic shows some of the back ... this is where I struggle the most, but this looks pretty good to my eye, albeit not the clearest pic ...

Attached Files Image(s)

01-06-2012, 04:11 AM,
wow im impressed, i was thinking about going over to a skin piece just to try it out< the problem i have with lace it the shedding was wondering if skin will shed as quick
01-06-2012, 07:43 AM,
Looks great!
You would never guess in a million years!
how thin is the skin?
does the edge become more visable when it starts to lift as opposed to lace?
also is the hair easier to style with v-loop rather than injected or knotted?
lastly i don't think there is much of a colour discrepancy as most people have a slightly lighter shade of hair on top, at the front especially.
01-06-2012, 08:19 AM,
Look s totally superb, really like the style. Hairline and blend perfect . Good to see a style that is age appropriate and looks 100 % natural .
01-06-2012, 08:20 AM,
Is this a custom or a stock piece
01-06-2012, 09:09 AM,
Looks Awesome!
How is it attached?
Waiting for my TL700 New Generation...Hope it looks as good as yours.
Thanks for sharing the Pics!
01-06-2012, 11:40 AM,
That's pretty awesome. I'd love to try one of these really thin skin but I don't know how well it holds up in very humid climates. Cooler climates I'm sure it's awesome. Thanks for posting some pics of your thin skin. Pretty impressive I think.
01-06-2012, 12:32 PM,
Thanks for the positive feedback !!

These are the best hairlines I've had, but my experience is only w/ fairly coarse French lace that didn't have good graduation, never felt confident exposing the hairline ...

And the red tint to the hair in the pics is a lie, as many have noticed w/ digital photos (I notice it even in the one pic of the back ... my sides and lower back hair has a gold tint, and I notice it shifts to a maroon/reddish tint at the crown). This is absolutely an artifact of digital imaging ... I still worry about my hair a lot, and check it in various lighting conditions, and have never seen this tint in real life.

(01-06-2012, 04:11 AM)D B COOPER Wrote: wow im impressed, i was thinking about going over to a skin piece just to try it out< the problem i have with lace it the shedding was wondering if skin will shed as quick

I think these shed less than lace for me, but v-looping must still be more fragile than injected or knotted skin (but haven't worn those).

(01-06-2012, 07:43 AM)LTB Wrote: Looks great!
You would never guess in a million years!
how thin is the skin?
does the edge become more visable when it starts to lift as opposed to lace?
also is the hair easier to style with v-loop rather than injected or knotted?
lastly i don't think there is much of a colour discrepancy as most people have a slightly lighter shade of hair on top, at the front especially.

This base would comparable to John's TL-700, "new generation", "contact skin" ... or similar buzzword Wink ... I think in the .04-.06 mm range. I'm not an expert, but I've read that v-looping allows the thinnest base, compared to injected or knotted skin.

The edge does become more visible when it starts to lift, but still lays flatter and stays transparent (unless the glue goes white on me from moisture), as compared to lifting lace.

I haven't worn injected or knotted skin, but I've read that they have a reputation for more fixed ventilation and more difficult styling. These pieces I'm getting are supposed to be freestyle, but the ventilation style still seems to want to go up/back ... I do have a more difficult time getting bangs to lay down right, as compared to freestyle lace. But I wouldn't assume this is true for all v-looped skin ... it may just be this factory's style.

Freestyle lace was more flexible, styling wise for me (I'm guessing knots can be trained more easily than hair set at specific angles through a poly base).

(01-06-2012, 08:20 AM)D B COOPER Wrote: Is this a custom or a stock piece

Custom piece ... my color is too weird for stocks ... I'm jealous of all you 1B guys Wink That said, I still wonder how "custom" my salon really is ... they say they can't match texture (hair shaft thickness), their density scale is more limited, and I still get some inconsistency in color, texture, wave and density ... that's the game for all of us though, I guess.

(01-06-2012, 09:09 AM)lzlmt Wrote: Looks Awesome!
How is it attached?
Waiting for my TL700 New Generation...Hope it looks as good as yours.
Thanks for sharing the Pics!

Thanks !! I've been posting here for a while, but the results I'm getting w/ these skin units are the first I've felt were worth posting ... and I thought it could be helpful to curious lace wearers. I do a full head bond w/ white glue, 2 coats on the scalp, 1 on the base. It's one the salon uses (not a brand I've read about or seen elsewhere). I tried a perimeter bond w/ glue, but every time I touched the unglued portion on my scalp, it made an annoying sound like crinkling paper. I've also heard that air underneath the skin is what creates the heat associated w/ skin units ... full head bond is very comfortable (though I haven't worn these in the heat of summer yet).

Generally ... these seem to be marketed as disposable pieces ... I don't see how they could last for 3+ months since they're just looped through the thin poly ... not anchored w/ a knot or injected into an under layer. But there are real advantages to skin ... NO KNOTS, overall look of hair leaving scalp is great, no glue getting up into the hair through the base, glue can be applied directly to the base, most undetectable to touch all the way around that I've experienced (maybe not much different than SFS w/ all glue though ... haven't gotten to try this yet).

/novel

FB
01-06-2012, 02:15 PM,
does anyone know what kind of stock skin pieces that toplace has are they looped, knotted, etc