Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie pics please advise
01-05-2012, 04:29 PM,
RE: Newbie pics please advise
Garaboy, that's the biggest hurdle in this whole experience so far is the learning curve, as I am a noob at this I am just in the beginnings of this wearing game. How to de/rebond, care, and maintenence is the only must that I have to learn as I have already made quite a few errors and it's only been 2 weeks but, you always have this forum and the experience of a lot of good people on here that all will help you along the way. Good luck on whatever you decide to do!

After reading John's response I went back to my order and I did not do a template for my system as I went to a stylist for my initial and at least the first couple of maintenence de/rebondings. She did my order by measurements and when I look at my order I am not exactly sure of my density as I ordered what she wrote down that I should order. So this was what I sent in as far as density. Also just to add the measurements were spot on because fits perfect.

3. Density - first 1/2" from the hairline will be light density, all the rest light medium
4. Length - 4"
5. Color - 6 F, just for the front and temples - mix with the main color 10% 12 R
6. Hair direction on the front -free style
Bleached knots
01-05-2012, 07:19 PM,
(01-05-2012, 12:56 PM)garaboy Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 10:53 AM)EricInNY Wrote: Also agree exactly what these guys suggest. I am just starting to wear, almost exact balding as you have and got the topper 65% density freestyle Swiss front,French back and so far loving it. Good luck.

in my case I think that 65% density is a little too much since i'm hitting the 40's, 38 yo right now, what do you think about 50% for me? wish I could see some pics of 50% density from another user.... the thing is that I don't want such a dramatic change, just more density, donĀ“t know if you catch my drift, gets confusing some times,....

Remember that the density you need isn't determined by your age, its determined by the density of the natural hair it has to blend in with.
From your pictures, it looks like your sides are denser than 50%.
If your looking to make it appear that your having a gradual increase in hair, you'd be better to just increase the size of the hair piece every 3 months.
The first one could cover the crown and the second would bring the hairline forward.
This will help when dealing with people you see regularly. You could take a year of increasing it in stages.
However, there will always be those people who have not seen you in some time and for them you will have hair and the last time they saw you, you didn't!
It can't be helped.

What sort of style are you aiming for?
I imagine a shorter version of this?

Attached Files Image(s)

01-05-2012, 09:41 PM,
(01-05-2012, 11:39 AM)garaboy Wrote: [quote='Ruulkasar' pid='33957' dateline='1325711731']
here some quick suggestions: i think your colour is 1B, 65% density, freestyle (better for newbies because you can make what you want with this ventilation), swiss front, french base

Thank you, I agree on the density and freestyle, I will send a hair sample for color match, I really appreciate your input!
(01-05-2012, 09:26 AM)antywanty Wrote: you seem to have good density hair at the back &sides,
my opinion would be a partial, known as "topper."
the partial as you are already aware has to be colour matched,density matched depending on existing hair coverage, and i suppose age appropriate,
you seem to know exactly what youre looking for,
not a total newbie by youre description*

best move i made wearing,
enjoy, i am!!!
been wearing for 14 months,
youll receive the best advice from pros, long term wearers to everyone in between here, there a fantastic set of folk,stick around for some cracking advice
anty Smile
i spike my hair at the front and ordered slight wave,(not from toplace but a one lady salon) which works superb,
front was lace,sides-back, poly,middle lace,med brown,med density.
still works for me,
and the ladies girls love me,
im trying to make the most of things in 2012.
woud you agree youre around 5-6 on the norwood scale?

Anty thanks 4 the advice and yes I agree on the topper issue, I'm aware I have to make a template and send it in as well as a hair sample for texture and color match. Would you agree an a 65% density???

ill leave that answer to someone on here who helped me a great deal,
with due respect to everyone offcourse,and that was paul in ierland,
suprised he hasent posted,normally the first to jump in.

anyway, errm as a previoues post mentioned ,density to match blend with youre existing hair,

offcourse thats a tadd difficult as most folk have there sides and back short, so its matching from the crown forward with the required density, long as theres scalp showing, it sells the illusion,
but theres more to it than that,

as i seid before umm, slight wave does work great, even for spiking up forward,
my hairdresser made a biggish mistake imo, she ordered slightly higher density stating youre a newbie,and youl lose more hair with a new system, well i just agreed when she was cutting it in,
i was still kinda shocked at how thick it was, just make sure you cut some side reccesion into the front hairline, as my hairdresser didnt, and i requested her to on my second visit,other wise it looks to full like when you were a teenager, fair enough some folk may retain a full square front hairline, not sure on the figures on who does and dosent,

we get a tadd techincal in here,well not me , lol

but hell best thing i did,apart from i suppose using concealer in the early days of hairloss, which to be fair has its time &place,

ill will never dis concealer, great stuff when youve got a lott of decent density.
and still has its place even when wearing,
enjoy cos youll look bloody great,
anty
01-05-2012, 11:53 PM,
Bearing in mind that pics can be `off` from reality [whoever said `the camera never lies`` ?? --when it comes to systems it seems like it`s nothing but a liar !! lol ] the top of my hair is 55% so maybe these pics will help you judge how a system will look on you in terms of density. The pics. taken `free-standing` were taken in strong natural light and it`s sitting on a glass head-form so you can see right through it.... the amount/intensity of natural light can really affect the overall `look`... the last two were taken under indoor lighting with `half-flash` on the camera.

Attached Files Image(s)

01-06-2012, 06:27 AM,
shiney, glossy,what can you say great!
dont you feel a millon dollars (euros lol)when youre getting ready for a night out, or event,
pick the outfitt, and the icing on the cake to give the overall look style the hair, and wow!!
dont you feel bloody great,
yeah its was for me as it is for all wearers at first a hell of a daring risk to take,
but i took it, because my looks have allways been important to me, and hell
did it repay me back bigg time,
we rammble on here, why ?well its called passion,
i just wish that wearing was acceptted , id love to bring the happiness i feel intomany others lives.
anty Smile
01-06-2012, 06:31 AM,
(01-05-2012, 07:19 PM)Hersute Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 12:56 PM)garaboy Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 10:53 AM)EricInNY Wrote: Also agree exactly what these guys suggest. I am just starting to wear, almost exact balding as you have and got the topper 65% density freestyle Swiss front,French back and so far loving it. Good luck.

in my case I think that 65% density is a little too much since i'm hitting the 40's, 38 yo right now, what do you think about 50% for me? ... the thing is that I don't want such a dramatic change

Remember that the density you need isn't determined by your age, its determined by the density of the natural hair it has to blend in with.
From your pictures, it looks like your sides are denser than 50%.
If your looking to make it appear that your having a gradual increase in hair, you'd be better to just increase the size of the hair piece every 3 months.
The first one could cover the crown and the second would bring the hairline forward.
This will help when dealing with people you see regularly. You could take a year of increasing it in stages.
However, there will always be those people who have not seen you in some time and for them you will have hair and the last time they saw you, you didn't!
It can't be helped.

What sort of style are you aiming for?
I imagine a shorter version of this?

Hersute thanks and I think that with the first system I can break in, and after that one increase alittle more density and so on. Great tip about density being matched to existing hair in sides and back didnt thought about it that way, you are so right!
exactly, a shorter version of this would be it, I think that also can do variations of it right? more versatility. Is this freestyle comb forward???
(01-05-2012, 11:53 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Bearing in mind that pics can be `off` from reality [whoever said `the camera never lies`` ?? --when it comes to systems it seems like it`s nothing but a liar !! lol ] the top of my hair is 55% so maybe these pics will help you judge how a system will look on you in terms of density. The pics. taken `free-standing` were taken in strong natural light and it`s sitting on a glass head-form so you can see right through it.... the amount/intensity of natural light can really affect the overall `look`... the last two were taken under indoor lighting with `half-flash` on the camera.

Paul is this a toplace system? I've been reading that toplace has more density compared to other ones, 60% Toplace is like 75% with other makers. I'm thinking that your same style but a little bit shorter would work great on me, and for starters the same density as your pic would be awesome. I think I have made a lot of progress in here info wise, so many thanks from Mexico. I now have a lot of light brought on to the issue and have been narrowing it down to what i will order!!!!
ill leave that answer to someone on here who helped me a great deal,
with due respect to everyone offcourse,and that was paul in ierland,
suprised he hasent posted,normally the first to jump in.

anyway, errm as a previoues post mentioned ,density to match blend with youre existing hair,

offcourse thats a tadd difficult as most folk have there sides and back short, so its matching from the crown forward with the required density, long as theres scalp showing, it sells the illusion,
but theres more to it than that,

as i seid before umm, slight wave does work great, even for spiking up forward,
my hairdresser made a biggish mistake imo, she ordered slightly higher density stating youre a newbie,and youl lose more hair with a new system, well i just agreed when she was cutting it in,
i was still kinda shocked at how thick it was, just make sure you cut some side reccesion into the front hairline, as my hairdresser didnt, and i requested her to on my second visit,other wise it looks to full like when you were a teenager, fair enough some folk may retain a full square front hairline, not sure on the figures on who does and dosent,

we get a tadd techincal in here,well not me , lol

but hell best thing i did,apart from i suppose using concealer in the early days of hairloss, which to be fair has its time &place,

ill will never dis concealer, great stuff when youve got a lott of decent density.
and still has its place even when wearing,
enjoy cos youll look bloody great,
anty
[/quote]

I agree and thanks for the input, i'm pretty close to narrowing it down to how to order the system, I appreciate all of you guys for the help!!!
01-06-2012, 07:56 AM,
The picture is just a random one from a hairstyle site.
You can order freestyle and still comb it forward as in that picture.
Alternatively you can order forward ventilation with a lift at the front.
01-06-2012, 09:37 AM,
Yeah garaboy .. that`s a Toplace [fullcap] system--I`ve been wearing Toplace for about 2 years or so.... and Toplace densities are heavier compared to some others....... densities vary from one factory/company to another from what I have read [other people`s experiences] I think a picture gives a `ballpark`idea of what a particular density looks like. A TL `medium` is 60-65%..that can be an 80-85% on other suppliers... my 55% is the equivalent of 70% on some other suppliers/makers.....The back of the system is 65% as I think most people`s hair at the back is that bit denser than their sides.The ventilation [direction] is `forward from crown`--- if you intend wearing a similar style, just specify that...it`s handy if you can enclose pics. of a style you`d like to copy/imitate with your order.....and pics of your present state of hair.....this helps get a more accurate match. The main thing is make a template to accurately represent the area needing coverage and to the shape/contour of your head...then a decent stylist to do the cut-in.... John will liaise with you anyway once you send in your template, if you have any last-minute concerns/questions.....send in a good-size hair sample for colour-matching.....about an inch long and the diameter of a pencil....tie it tightly ,like a sheaf of wheat ,with some cotton thread bound around it a few times. Hope that helps..cheers.
01-06-2012, 07:13 PM,
(01-06-2012, 09:37 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Yeah garaboy .. that`s a Toplace [fullcap] system--I`ve been wearing Toplace for about 2 years or so.... and Toplace densities are heavier compared to some others....... densities vary from one factory/company to another from what I have read [other people`s experiences] I think a picture gives a `ballpark`idea of what a particular density looks like. A TL `medium` is 60-65%..that can be an 80-85% on other suppliers... my 55% is the equivalent of 70% on some other suppliers/makers.....The back of the system is 65% as I think most people`s hair at the back is that bit denser than their sides.The ventilation [direction] is `forward from crown`--- if you intend wearing a similar style, just specify that...it`s handy if you can enclose pics. of a style you`d like to copy/imitate with your order.....and pics of your present state of hair.....this helps get a more accurate match. The main thing is make a template to accurately represent the area needing coverage and to the shape/contour of your head...then a decent stylist to do the cut-in.... John will liaise with you anyway once you send in your template, if you have any last-minute concerns/questions.....send in a good-size hair sample for colour-matching.....about an inch long and the diameter of a pencil....tie it tightly ,like a sheaf of wheat ,with some cotton thread bound around it a few times. Hope that helps..cheers.
Paul do you think I should include flaps on the temples to smooth it out?? or just a basic "U" shape template???
01-06-2012, 08:19 PM,
Looking at your 2nd and 5th pics, you may have to build in some small temple flaps...it depends on how far forward your hairline will be/how far back your hair has receded from.... locate that point and draw a line [an eyebrow pencil is handy for this] which follows your original hairline around to the temple areas...if there has been recession of the temples, well just `fill them in` with some flaps.....just having an oval -shaped system would look odd at the temple area.... the wisdom is to replace what you`ve lost....have a look at Snipe`s tutorial on template-making....there are 2 pages...the last pic on this page shows his flaps [ I reckon yours if you need them, will not be as large/pointed] http://s768.photobucket.com/albums/xx325...2QQtppZZ16
I`ve made a new template recently for a replacement Fullcap....am just `tweaking`it at the moment.... I used an eyebrow pencil to mark the perimeter so I could easily see it through the cling-film once I had it sitting on.... have a look at the temple area.... obviously you`re not going fullcap, but the temple area may be similar to what you may need...I`ll post a pic below.
Locate your original front hairline and work your way back from there.... simply frown or physically push your forehead-skin upwards with a finger...you`ll see the point where the scalp skin `meets`the forehead skin [scalp skin doesn`t stretch/move] and just mark that line.
This is just a line/outline marked with an eyebrow pencil

Attached Files Image(s)