Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie pics please advise
01-05-2012, 08:44 AM,
Newbie pics please advise
Hello people, I'm a 38 yo newbie to this forum so please bear with me, I've spent a lot of time reading some threads and I'm gonna try to not make any questions that have been answered in here, but you can understand of the amount of info here it's virtually imposible to read all of it. So here I go:
First of all about 7 years ago I had a hair transplant on the front, at first it seemed ok but as the years went by I was in need of a second or third transplant, the outcome now is that it seems pluggy and uneven, so I decided to not to undergo that experience again, my best option now is a hair system from Toplace. So to make a long story short can somebody answer and advise on these questions:

1.- I think it would make it easier if I took some pics of my head and post them here and the experts on this forum could advise on these issues:
* Type of base
* Texture
* Density
* Hair style: with or without crown
* Freestyle or comb forward, spikey front, flat back comb back etc

I tried to look at the pictures of the site but simply there are not enough
pics for the specific hair systems options
After analyzing my case I'm thinking of a 200 French Lace freestyle spikey front since I do excercise regularly.

Suggestions are very much appreciated and welcomed!

Here are the pics:

http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l575/garaboy/
01-05-2012, 09:15 AM,
RE: Newbie pics please advise
here some quick suggestions: i think your colour is 1B, 65% density, freestyle (better for newbies because you can make what you want with this ventilation), swiss front, french base
01-05-2012, 09:26 AM,
you seem to have good density hair at the back &sides,
my opinion would be a partial, known as "topper."
the partial as you are already aware has to be colour matched,density matched depending on existing hair coverage, and i suppose age appropriate,
you seem to know exactly what youre looking for,
not a total newbie by youre description*

best move i made wearing,
enjoy, i am!!!
been wearing for 14 months,
youll receive the best advice from pros, long term wearers to everyone in between here, there a fantastic set of folk,stick around for some cracking advice
anty Smile
i spike my hair at the front and ordered slight wave,(not from toplace but a one lady salon) which works superb,
front was lace,sides-back, poly,middle lace,med brown,med density.
still works for me,
and the ladies girls love me,
im trying to make the most of things in 2012.
woud you agree youre around 5-6 on the norwood scale?
01-05-2012, 10:05 AM,
I agree with everyone so far.
French lace topper with a Swiss lace front.
65%-70% density.
As for colour, always send in a hair sample to get a good match.
Pictures & monitors are too deceptive.

Good luck
01-05-2012, 10:53 AM,
Also agree exactly what these guys suggest. I am just starting to wear, almost exact balding as you have and got the topper 65% density freestyle Swiss front,French back and so far loving it. Good luck.
01-05-2012, 11:39 AM,
(01-05-2012, 09:15 AM)Ruulkasar Wrote: here some quick suggestions: i think your colour is 1B, 65% density, freestyle (better for newbies because you can make what you want with this ventilation), swiss front, french base

Thank you, I agree on the density and freestyle, I will send a hair sample for color match, I really appreciate your input!
(01-05-2012, 09:26 AM)antywanty Wrote: you seem to have good density hair at the back &sides,
my opinion would be a partial, known as "topper."
the partial as you are already aware has to be colour matched,density matched depending on existing hair coverage, and i suppose age appropriate,
you seem to know exactly what youre looking for,
not a total newbie by youre description*

best move i made wearing,
enjoy, i am!!!
been wearing for 14 months,
youll receive the best advice from pros, long term wearers to everyone in between here, there a fantastic set of folk,stick around for some cracking advice
anty Smile
i spike my hair at the front and ordered slight wave,(not from toplace but a one lady salon) which works superb,
front was lace,sides-back, poly,middle lace,med brown,med density.
still works for me,
and the ladies girls love me,
im trying to make the most of things in 2012.
woud you agree youre around 5-6 on the norwood scale?

Anty thanks 4 the advice and yes I agree on the topper issue, I'm aware I have to make a template and send it in as well as a hair sample for texture and color match. Would you agree an a 65% density???
(01-05-2012, 10:05 AM)Hersute Wrote: I agree with everyone so far.
French lace topper with a Swiss lace front.
65%-70% density.
As for colour, always send in a hair sample to get a good match.
Pictures & monitors are too deceptive.

Good luck

Thank you Hersute for the info!
(01-05-2012, 10:53 AM)EricInNY Wrote: Also agree exactly what these guys suggest. I am just starting to wear, almost exact balding as you have and got the topper 65% density freestyle Swiss front,French back and so far loving it. Good luck.

Eric thank you for the info! It seems to me that we have our baldness type in common, since you are using almost the same system I intend to buy, would it be to much trouble to post some pics??
Thanks again and good luck
(01-05-2012, 09:26 AM)antywanty Wrote: would you agree youre around 5-6 on the norwood scale?

Anty I think that I maybe around a 4A to 5A on the norwood
01-05-2012, 12:56 PM,
(01-05-2012, 10:53 AM)EricInNY Wrote: Also agree exactly what these guys suggest. I am just starting to wear, almost exact balding as you have and got the topper 65% density freestyle Swiss front,French back and so far loving it. Good luck.

Eric I just saw some pics you posted when you got the system... It looks great on you, couple of questions though, in my case I think that 65% density is a little too much since i'm hitting the 40's, 38 yo right now, what do you think about 50% for me? wish I could see some pics of 50% density from another user.... the thing is that I don't want such a dramatic change, just more density, donĀ“t know if you catch my drift, gets confusing some times,....
01-05-2012, 02:22 PM,
Garaboy, i hear ya as far as dramatic change, however you can get it cut pretty short at your cut in. I am not sure what less than 65% density looks like but just cause your nearing forties dosen't mean you have to look it lol. I am 44 and I know a whole bunch of people my age that still have this type of density in their real hair. I have worn a baseball cap for many, many years before I got my piece, actually still wearing it at work but now removing it during the day some and only have gotten a few comments, mostly people just saying and asking why I always wear a hat we thought you were bald. So has been positive so far, just not ready to lose my long time security blanket at work just yet but have gone out to stores, restaurants and such without it. As in my posts and quite a few others it is simply amazing the years having hair takes off your looks. Without a cap I have been looking 10 plus years older than my age for a long time so why not finally look 10 plus years younger with hair. I basically lost my 30's cause of being bald so gonna finally enjoy the rest of my 40's with hair!
01-05-2012, 03:54 PM,
Garaboy,
One of the hardest things for a newbie to do is the shave the thin hair for a topper. That hair has been nurtured with Rogaine, etc. and it's tough to shave it off. But it's the correct way to go for 2 reasons. First, the bases (both lace and skin) are translucent so the scalp shows through. If there's any hair underneath it will show through the base. Second, it makes for a smooth scalp to get a good firm attachment. You want the hair system density to blend in with you own existing hair. I think that 65% density might be a bit high---I think 55-60% might be better. Often times the old saying 'less is more' is true. When you send in your hair sample we'll match the color and the texture of your hair so that you'll have an undetectable blend. Thanks for posting those photos.
Regards,
John
http:///www.toplace.com
01-05-2012, 03:56 PM,
(01-05-2012, 02:22 PM)EricInNY Wrote: Garaboy, i hear ya as far as dramatic change, however you can get it cut pretty short at your cut in. I am not sure what less than 65% density looks like but just cause your nearing forties dosen't mean you have to look it lol. I am 44 and I know a whole bunch of people my age that still have this type of density in their real hair. I have worn a baseball cap for many, many years before I got my piece, actually still wearing it at work but now removing it during the day some and only have gotten a few comments, mostly people just saying and asking why I always wear a hat we thought you were bald. So has been positive so far, just not ready to lose my long time security blanket at work just yet but have gone out to stores, restaurants and such without it. As in my posts and quite a few others it is simply amazing the years having hair takes off your looks. Without a cap I have been looking 10 plus years older than my age for a long time so why not finally look 10 plus years younger with hair. I basically lost my 30's cause of being bald so gonna finally enjoy the rest of my 40's with hair!

Well I'm really happy for you Eric, and thanks again for your comments, those mean a lot to me right now, I see your point about the security blanket, in my case, I've been using dermatch (concealer) for the past 7 years started right after the hair transplant, at first i got a decent coverage as long as you have some hair but as the hair fell off it just concealed the scalp resulting in a stained forehead lol. And I didn't went out the house without putting some on, my friends told me that it was weird looking but I don't know why I didn't stop using it, even to this day i still do, when not wearing the dermatch i used a baseball cap always. but I have made up my mind and thanks to feedback here on the forum and to users like you it makes the desicion a lot easier. Again I'm grateful for the comments and congratulate you on your new image, it looks amazing, There comes a point in life to deal with the problem head on and just fix it, just gonna have to bear with the learning curve of hair styling again!!!!