Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New ultra thin SFS lace
01-11-2012, 01:45 PM,
RE: New ultra thin SFS lace
(01-03-2012, 02:34 AM)Hersute Wrote: "One question i have always had, how do u get the glue in the right place right to the edges. Im sure theres an art to it, probably why i have always used tape. "

Prior to attachment, you place the piece on your head & position it exactly where you want it, you then lift/flap up the front (and using a make-up pencil) you make 2 small marks (approx 4 inches apart & 3 inches from the front hairline) on the base of the piece. You then put corresponding ones on your scalp so that when you flap the front back down, the dots meet up.

You then take a comb and (using the teeth of the comb) press it into your scalp all along the perimeter of the front hair line, making indents in to the skin.
These indents will last quite some time and will show you exactly where to apply your glue up to.
When the glue is dry, you put the piece back on your head to reattach and match up your dots.
This way your glue line and your hairline will automatically correspond.

Its harder to explain than it is to do, but I hope this helps.

Hi Hersute ... I'd like to know more about your attachment method ... so you make your indents at the hairline, and dots more in the middle of the piece ... do you use alcohol or adjust-a-bond on the glued scalp to give you the ability to maneuver the piece so the dots line up ... or attach in sections ? Curious ...

FB
01-11-2012, 03:27 PM,
I don't use anything like adjust-a-bond.
I just fold the piece front to back, along where my marks (dots on the base) are and match those up with the ones on my scalp. Once they're in place I can flop the front down or back down first, it doesn't matter, because its all lined up.
01-11-2012, 07:40 PM,
(01-11-2012, 03:27 PM)Hersute Wrote: I don't use anything like adjust-a-bond.
I just fold the piece front to back, along where my marks (dots on the base) are and match those up with the ones on my scalp. Once they're in place I can flop the front down or back down first, it doesn't matter, because its all lined up.

Cool ... I see. So all glue ? ... perimeter only, or full scalp?
01-12-2012, 12:48 AM,
(01-11-2012, 07:40 PM)furball Wrote:
(01-11-2012, 03:27 PM)Hersute Wrote: I don't use anything like adjust-a-bond.

Cool ... I see. So all glue ? ... perimeter only, or full scalp?

I use one layer of Oil resistant white glue all over my scalp, but use a second layer at the perimeter & hair line.
I get about 10 days with an odd touch-up at the front, in between.