Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New ultra thin SFS lace
01-02-2012, 07:00 AM,
New ultra thin SFS lace
John is the new ultra thin SFS lace as durable as the SFS lace? Is it as strechy, more stretchy, less stretchy than the SFS? How does it compare physically the the SFS besides it being thinner? Thanks.
01-02-2012, 08:00 AM,
RE: New ultra thin SFS lace
Hi AAA,
It's not as durable as the SFS lace. That's why we don't recommend using a density over 70% on the lace. I haven't tried to stretch it---afraid it will rip. There's always a trade-off. It's finer than the normal SFS and with that comes suppleness--very soft. A 'newbie' could easily rip it on removal.
Regards,
John
http://www.toplace.com
01-02-2012, 08:42 AM,
Think I`ll stay in the stone-age, thanks anyway !!...lol !
01-02-2012, 11:09 PM,
Can u have a poly perimeter with it. But im sure with low sheen tape it still works well.

Just curious, using ghost bond is it easy with all lace.

One question i have always had, how do u get the glue in the right place right to the edges. Im sure theres an art to it, probably why i have always used tape.
01-03-2012, 02:34 AM,
"One question i have always had, how do u get the glue in the right place right to the edges. Im sure theres an art to it, probably why i have always used tape. "

Prior to attachment, you place the piece on your head & position it exactly where you want it, you then lift/flap up the front (and using a make-up pencil) you make 2 small marks (approx 4 inches apart & 3 inches from the front hairline) on the base of the piece. You then put corresponding ones on your scalp so that when you flap the front back down, the dots meet up.

You then take a comb and (using the teeth of the comb) press it into your scalp all along the perimeter of the front hair line, making indents in to the skin.
These indents will last quite some time and will show you exactly where to apply your glue up to.
When the glue is dry, you put the piece back on your head to reattach and match up your dots.
This way your glue line and your hairline will automatically correspond.

Its harder to explain than it is to do, but I hope this helps.
01-03-2012, 12:58 PM,
Great news.. Excited to get a piece with this new ultra thin lace.
01-03-2012, 01:42 PM,
What are the advantages/disadvantages of having a poly perimeter? I know they are supposedly easier for cleanup but what about as far as detectability/feel/etc? Also my first piece is a swiss front with french lace back. I ordered a new piece the day before John's announcement about the new lace so I guess my new piece is going to be the old swiss lace. I ordered all swiss this time, does anyone think all swiss is that much of a difference as far as feel? Like if I touch the back of the piece I am wearing I can feel where it meets my growing hair, wondering if that goes away with all swiss.
01-03-2012, 08:38 PM,
I basically found just like u suggested with polyperimeter is the easy of cleanup and application of tape, it sticks easy. Saying that I also have a fully lace and i have used all tape with that. I dont use glue as I havent a clue how to get the best bond all around right to the edge. Im sure theres a trick to it, but i havent learned it yet. I do glue the front hairline and thats about it.
01-03-2012, 11:40 PM,
John could you put up good close up photographs of the old Swiss lace and the new Swiss lace for us to compare the differences please?
01-11-2012, 07:27 AM,
(01-03-2012, 11:40 PM)LTB Wrote: John could you put up good close up photographs of the old Swiss lace and the new Swiss lace for us to compare the differences please?

Any chance of these comparison photos of the hairline please John?