Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook Pics
12-27-2011, 01:24 AM,
Facebook Pics
How has everyone made their transition on facebook etc.? In all my pics Im wearing a hat. I dont know if I should take most pictures down, and just add new ones while wearing or just say screw it and just go about it normally. I would just think alot of people would be like wtf and if they commented on my pics about my hair Id feel weird lying about it on there when a few people I know will be knowing I wear. Just wondering if anyones been through this. Thanks.
12-27-2011, 11:34 AM,
RE: Facebook Pics
(12-27-2011, 01:24 AM)justin sane Wrote: How has everyone made their transition on facebook etc.? In all my pics Im wearing a hat. I dont know if I should take most pictures down, and just add new ones while wearing or just say screw it and just go about it normally. I would just think alot of people would be like wtf and if they commented on my pics about my hair Id feel weird lying about it on there when a few people I know will be knowing I wear. Just wondering if anyones been through this. Thanks.

Make all your pictures only viewable by you if you are concerned.

And delete all your profile pictures except the ones with you in a hat.
12-28-2011, 04:12 PM,
I had some older pics when I wore a piece from a hair club and they don't look exactly great compared to my newer pics with a better ventilation and recession hairline. So, just in order to keep my own self confidence up, I just deleted them. Just keep your best pics! Simple as that!
12-28-2011, 07:14 PM,
Thanks guys i guess just keeping a few pics and deleting a bunch or making them private will be my best bet, I know if I put up new pictures without wearing a hat and having a full head of hair most females Im friends with would be looking at all my pics wondering why I never took pics without my hat before, it may sound a little paranoid but alot of birds around here are like that. Ive seen girls going over every guys fb page analyzing everything, they are strange creatures lol. I wonder if anyone has had any pics up with thinning hair then started wearing and if anyone said anything. Just wondering thanks.
12-28-2011, 08:35 PM,
nope they didnt said anything and i have everyone which i like in my friendlist (around 200 people) and many of them know me with a shaved head (but with concealer) and also some people who know me since my childhood and during the time where i was bald like Mr proper (5 years ago).

They mainly think i went from shaved to long hair but some of them of course know that i have a hair problem (I am normaly norwood 5):
http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=xssdsd2i7ht.jpg

My close friends and my family know that i wear, but mainly just because i told them. People dont care much about your hair, so dont think about other people. If you like it then do it.

If the transition is obvious just show confidence and nobody will make fun of you. But of course you dont need to make it obvious, so just deleate the old photos.
12-28-2011, 10:21 PM,
If you are overly concernedabout it you could even post up a few new photos of you with hair and a hat placed on top or joking about with a hat on that way people will see the new hair underneath the hat, or even a beanie/sweatband or something showing you have hair.

Then take it from there.

Could even go for a transition of photos. Go to a function where you are well dressed e.g like you are dressed for a wedding, conference or something with a smart shirt and slacks. That way you wouldn't probably wear a hat.
12-31-2011, 02:52 PM,
james are you still a fan of skin pieces? I remember you were a fan of those virtual reality systems.. as your opinion changed on it? etc?
12-31-2011, 07:50 PM,
You can always just admit to tackling your hair problem because it bothered you and not get specific about what you've done.
When asked, you just say that there are tons of new products & drugs on the market, you've tried them and they seem to be working.
99% of your friends will accept that.
If your hair looks good, they'll even applaud you for it.
The ones that will want to know more details will be other guys worried about their thinning hair!
You can decide what you tell them on an individual basis.
01-30-2012, 08:23 AM,
I like Hersute's suggestion. You have to proudly own this or it won't work. I really despise the idea of lying/acting about something like this, because in truth I have very valid reasons for wearing and I don't feel critical of myself for doing it, but at the same time it needs to look very natural, otherwise I have a problem. I'd honestly rather people know and show them that I like it and don't care (but this depends on if it looks really natural or not). Otherwise there's no point in wearing (for me anyway).

Sigh... I'm actually going through this exact facebook scenario right now and I'm feeling really weird about it. I've had only one picture of me on my facebook page, and it's me with a shaved head. However, my shaved head looks like I have hair (from transplants). Most people I'm sure just think I shaved my head for some weird reason, possibly hairloss, but I don't think anyone would conclude that outright since I do look like I have hair with the 5-o'clock shadow thing. Anyway, Friday night I went to some pub with a mate. We met up with two girls (not necessarily a dating thing, just to hang out and watch a band that one of the girls was in). Anyway, this was the first night out since I got my full cap cut in and going. Last week I went to work and one person said, "wow, look at all that hair, on your face, your head, everywhere". I just made a joke and gracefully segwayed into another subject. It wasn't that big of a deal since I had been wearing a hat for months and recently started growing a beard. I was happy that everything at work seemed fine and that I got over that first 'hump' with the new 'me'. Anyway, back to the other night. At one point one of the girls wanted to take a picture of me and my mate with one of the girls in between us. I didn't really get to see the pic at the time (part of me didn't want to due to nervousness about cameras/lighting etc, and part of me didn't want to appear too concerned either). Well... the next morning the picture was on Facebook. Thankfully I had recently made it so any picture I'm tagged in needs to be approved by me before it appears on my wall, so the only people who can see it right now are her friends (and we only have 3 mutual friends who I don't care about). When I saw the pic I freaked. It just looks too obvious to me. The color looks stark and monotone in the pic, and the hair thick and high. I do think it looks more realistic in person, but this camera stuff with the flash has got me freaking that it screams "hair piece!". I'm going to post it right now so you guys can give me honest feedback. I still have not approved the pic, I don't think I want to, I know at least one girl who is sassy enough to say something like, "woah, where did you get that hair? I don't even recognise you." I really don't want to discuss my hair on facebook. Ugh.

Anyway, here are two pics, one of me with the shaved head that's on fb and the other is from the other night - the one I'm freaking about. I know it's hard to tell because these aren't high quality pics, but anyway...

Attached Files Image(s)

01-30-2012, 09:03 AM,
Both pictures look PERFECTLY natural!
One looks like a perfect transition to the other.
I know its easy for me to say, but you're worrying unnecessarily.
If anything, these pictures would remove any doubt about your hair being other than natural.
Much weirder if you had the same style/cut/density etc year in and year out!

The fact is, last time anyone saw your head, you'd shaved it, or had a hat on.
Now you have let it grow back. Of course people will comment on that, but thats normal.
If no one mentions it, that would be REALLY odd and would tell you something was too wrong for them to mention.

I had a friend who had always had short straight hair cut in to a flat top.
I didn't see him for a year and when I did, he had this mop of ringlet curls!
I had no idea his hair was curly. I couldn't stop looking at it!
After half an hour I was used to it and can't imagine him any other way now.
However, if I thought he was suddenly wearing a wig, I wouldn't have said a thing.
You look great in both pictures.
Be confident.