Where did I go wrong? (Pics inside)
08-23-2009, 10:44 AM,
Re: Where did I go wrong? (Pics inside)
his sides aren't thin...just short

My sides are probably 'thinner' than his and I wear 75%

grow your sides mate - Jk's advice is good
08-23-2009, 11:56 AM,
Find a salon in your area or post where you live and maybe we can find someone to sort this out.
You need a pro right now.Debbie could make you look great,etc.
08-23-2009, 12:46 PM,
I like the style, though. May I ask how old you are?
08-23-2009, 01:47 PM,
His sides appear to be at least .5 inch in length, if not .75 inch. IMO, the length has nothing to do with the thin appearance of his side hair.
08-23-2009, 02:43 PM,
I don't think the color is off by much, its a density issue mostly and I also agree that maybe the piece is too large for your balding area. (but not sure about that, would have to see you without a piece on your head, but its appears to come down too far on the sides.)
grow your sides out a bit, that does NOT mean you cannot wear your sides short, but the stylist will need SOMETHING to blend into when doing the cut-in...so its best to have a little extra to work with.
I also agree that the front will look awesome once you get a few kinks worked out. you are on the right track!! don't be discouraged...some minor tweaking and you will be ok.
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
08-23-2009, 02:49 PM,
Throw my advice in the trash?

Fact: the piece is way too far down on his sides.

Fact: his hair is cut short on the sides, and his density is not 50%. I cut hair for a living. He is definitely not 50%. He will be able to get by with a 65% density, or in that ballpark, with no problems.

Fact: he needs a professional to blend his hair and make it look right. Some of you guys have figured out how to cut your hair at home, but for those that can't, just go to a barber or stylist. Most barbers are experts at blending and fading. And most have worked with a hairpiece at least once in their life.

My advice still stands. You don't need a piece that goes that far down on the sides. And you don't need 50% density. 50% is way too thin.
08-23-2009, 05:42 PM,
If is sides are that thin he does need to lower his density, I know what James is thinking and thats why I asked if he had shaven his sides recently because if he has he will be able to go with a higher density if the natural hair he has left on the sides grow out.
08-23-2009, 07:47 PM,
Thank you all for your responses. Its been really helpful. here is my plan of action:

- I'm going to try and grow my sides out the coming weeks and see what the effect will be. But I dont think it has too much to do with the thin look.

- I will go for a lower density for my next order but 50% just seems to be a bit too thin and I'm indeed afraid of looking "balding" then. On the sides I will go for 53% and on top for 56% and the front 60%. Would you suggest another density combination? Because I still want to maintain the same style.

- I will make a new template which is smaller and with the right directions

- Regarding the colour; this is for BA or John: If I mention that I want the same colour but a tickle less brownish, would that be manageble? I'm not keen on colouring the hair, seems like a lot of hassle and it takes away the naturel look.

Grts,
Pete
08-23-2009, 07:55 PM,
eupe124

where in the world are you m8
08-24-2009, 02:07 AM,
coloring your hair isn't easy if you want to do it right. It's hard to get all the way down to the roots because you will stain the lace. It's much easier to color your own hair to match.

50% doesn't look bald. I usually get 55% but no more (and my sides are thinner than 55%). Trust me.

Your side hair is very thin and growing it out might help but it won't help that much; you will still see your scalp, especially if you put any type of gel/styling product in your hair (which most hair wearers do).

JK: I don't care what you do for a living, his sides are 50%ish, FACT.