Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spraying toppik on lace
12-17-2011, 02:13 PM,
spraying toppik on lace
i was wondering if its ok for the base o spray toppik on it? some areas lose density and the toppik covers it well. infact after a few days when the attachment gets a little more detectable at the hairline i noticed sprinkling some toppik over it really hides the lace well too
12-17-2011, 02:18 PM,
RE: spraying toppik on lace
No.,. it will get caught up in the lace, and glue. I've done it before on a few occasions, on pieces that developed bald spots just to get by for a week or so. It will be VERY difficult to remove.

(12-17-2011, 02:13 PM)elvis Wrote: i was wondering if its ok for the base o spray toppik on it? some areas lose density and the toppik covers it well. infact after a few days when the attachment gets a little more detectable at the hairline i noticed sprinkling some toppik over it really hides the lace well too
12-17-2011, 02:49 PM,
but its just powder. ah man.. that really sucks. its a perfect solution
12-17-2011, 08:36 PM,
This is a product/concealer I used to use before I began wearing....it`s an aerosol spray...it`s pretty good..now whether this would be more practical than sprinkling dry powders on I have no idea...it might still stain lace and be a waste of money...but the way this is applied is you comb the hair so it`s standing up and you just very lightly spray this on from a distance in an upward motion.. not aimed at the bottom of the hair shafts but upwards towards the tips [therefore in the case of a lace system it would be `away`from the base] I guess it might have the same staining-effect on lace though if you applied it too heavily....maybe other wearers have tried this or a similar product ? http://www.maneuk.com/
12-17-2011, 08:45 PM,
thanks once again paul. crap.. the toppik really made things MUCH better
12-17-2011, 09:18 PM,
elvis.. I just had another thought on this.... obviously for your next order you`re going to have to nail the front density issue, but if you`re finding the toppik useful ..in order to keep it off the lace and underlying adhesives etc. why not get a comb which has teeth about an inch long, and not much gap between the teeth [ like a fine-comb] and push it `into`the hair `flat`[immediately above the knots] so that the comb is `parallel` with the base/scalp so when you sprinkle the toppik on, the comb will act as a barrier and prevent it getting down onto the lace..just move the comb around the perimeter at the front to the next `bit` and do the same thing..might be worth a try.
12-17-2011, 09:38 PM,
I use toppik everyday -not he spray kind the powder kind you spinkle and it works great and rinses out fine.

I know some of you are going to hate this but - I even use Permanent Sharpie (black) to color in spots that have a gap of hair coverage. This is 95% only on the side portion where my hair and the system matches, but there will be 2-3 inch streaks that you can see through to my scalp and it looks weird, especially cause you can see the line of my own hair growing and the thinner systems portion. So i take a black sharpie and dap it on there to get the appearance of toppik....Works great. And if you screw up, just take an Q-Tip and spray with alcohol and rub out the spot. If there is a blantlant spot that you can see
12-18-2011, 12:26 AM,
(12-17-2011, 09:38 PM)mcat45 Wrote: I use toppik everyday -not he spray kind the powder kind you spinkle and it works great and rinses out fine.

I know some of you are going to hate this but - I even use Permanent Sharpie (black) to color in spots that have a gap of hair coverage. This is 95% only on the side portion where my hair and the system matches, but there will be 2-3 inch streaks that you can see through to my scalp and it looks weird, especially cause you can see the line of my own hair growing and the thinner systems portion. So i take a black sharpie and dap it on there to get the appearance of toppik....Works great. And if you screw up, just take an Q-Tip and spray with alcohol and rub out the spot. If there is a blantlant spot that you can see

mcat.. thats what i got. i got the toppik powder.. but i also bought a spray applicator. it really makes things easier and more natural looking. so mcat.. have u used toppik powder near ur hairline area? did it wash off the base easily and not stain it? because for me i expose hairline and a few days into my attatchment my lace becomes slightly visible. i noticed that when i spray a little toppik on portions of the front hairline lace it disguises it really well which gives me more time for my touch ups etc.
so do you think i can do this with no problems?
ps.thanks for that tip paul.. il try that too
12-18-2011, 02:05 AM,
In the end, you should work out & follow whatever works for you.
In this situation, I can't see that the lace will get permanently discoloured.
You'll probably just have a messier clean up, but that may be worth it if you got the look you wanted.
Its only by trying all sorts of different things out ourselves, mistakes included, that we've gathered the knowledge & experience we have.
12-18-2011, 05:35 AM,
I tried applying a little Toppik on my lace piece before. I disagree with the consensus here that it will stain the lace. This was not the case for me. It did, however, make cleanup a bit more difficult (although not by much), but as Hersute mentioned, it was worth it to get the look I was going for.

Just make sure you hit the Toppik with alcohol and a Q-tip and it should come right up.

EDIT: I should also mention I've only tried this on a small area, so unsure how cleanup will be on the entire hairline. Though I still don't think you'll have any major problems.