Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Here
12-12-2011, 12:26 AM,
New Here
Hello everyone

Ok i am the new guy, at this point i do not have a system as of yet, let's say i am in the getting as much info as i can stage, to make an informative decision about how i would like to proceed.

I have had my hair loss problem for year's, it has for the most part had a huge impact on my lifestyle. I'm sure you all understand that. But i found as i get older it bother's me even more, i find myself staying away from social gathering's, thing's like christmas parties, other more personal thing's like funeral's where everyone knows you have been hard to attend.

I have been searching around on here and have only found a few photo's from member's, what will be important for me is for this to be non detectable, i have much to learn and hopefully from this site and it's member's i will become more confidant about becoming a wearer.
12-12-2011, 03:51 AM,
RE: New Here
Hey Vetteman, welcome to the "club"! I am waiting on my first custom piece to arrive and am just like you as far as tired of missing out on social gatherings and such. In fact, was hoping to have received my piece by now but hopefully this is the last year I have to miss out on my company Christmas party as it is being held in a nice restaurant and I will not go because I would have to remove my baseball cap. So definitely know what your feeling. Stick with these guys on here and you will be ordering in no time. Good luck!
12-12-2011, 05:42 AM,
I've also am still waiting on my first system. When did you order yours eric? I'm curious how long you have been waiting... I was hoping to get an email soon saying it has shipped...
Anyway, I've done a lot of research and it sounds like these things can be pretty non-detectable. The super-fine swiss lace seems to be the best right now in terms of hiding the base. So I can't tell you for sure since I don't have mine yet, but I wouldn't have ordered it if I wasn't reassured that it will be very natural looking.
12-12-2011, 06:15 AM,
Vetteman i know how you feel, i just spent years under a cap not so much because of hairloss but a terrible hairtransplant and have missed out on all the social functions due to not being able to wear a cap. That has changed totally since i started to wear 5 months ago. Just got back from a nice restaurant with the family , another thing you cant do while wearing a cap. Simple thing like going for a meal.
All it takes is get a template made send it off and your life will change for the better very soon.
Good luck
12-12-2011, 06:54 AM,
Hey Hair Scare, I ordered mine October 23rd, also checking email every hour hoping for an email lol, gonna make appointment for cut in as soon as I get confirmation. I ordered a topper, SFS front with French base, being its my first system the girl that did my measurements and doing my cut in recommended that as my first unit so I can see how durable it is for me. How long ago did you order? Can't wait to post my before/after pics
12-12-2011, 07:00 AM,
Also you said its important its non detectable , i also felt the same before i got one . But with this type of hair and a reasonable good cut no one will notice. I doubt if i have a perfect hairline or blend there pretty good but the truth is nobody notices.
12-12-2011, 09:14 AM,
Hey guy's thank's for the welcome and input. So far i am glad i found Toplace, having a online community and being able to share your thought's, ask for advise is important especially when someone doesn't fully understand what's involved.

As mentioned i am also wondering how long it does take to get a system once it has been ordered.
12-12-2011, 09:31 AM,
From what I have read on here and from the other guys, a stock unit is pretty quick, a week or so? When I ordered my custom John told me it would be 7-9 weeks although other guys have posted arriving sooner, I'm still waiting so can't answer a definite. This site and these guys on here are great for all your questions you might have. I found this site early October and after getting advice as far as what to order, experiences and finding a stylist in NYC, I had my first order submitted within 2 weeks. Everybody helps with any questions or apprehensions you may have.
12-12-2011, 09:32 AM,
Q: How long will it take to receive my hairpiece after I mail in the template and hair sample and complete the Electronic Order Form?
A: Approximately 4-6 weeks for domestic orders. Selecting Priority Processing moves your order ahead of others at the factory and reduces the time by 7-10 days. Selecting FedEx overnight delivery also reduces the delivery time by 2 days. Of course international orders take longer depending on location.

Above answer is from the site. Many questions are answered here - please check before posting. Regards
12-12-2011, 01:35 PM,
The reason we bring up the shipping time is because it doesn't appear to always be between 4 and 6 weeks. The site might say one thing, but we are curious what happens in real life. If you notice, an order placed on Oct. 23rd has already passed it's "6 week" mark, and it will likely be AT LEAST another week since he hasn't even received confirmation that it has shipped. So we are bringing it up on the forum because we are curious what other people are experiencing in the real world. I have read that some come in 4-5. Others seem to take a while, I even read 3 months on one of these forums. So we don't mean to ask redundant questions, just want answers from humans instead of empty words.

To Eric, I ordered mine Nov. 1. So I hope to hear THE MINUTE yours comes so I know I'm about a week away. haha. I'm starting to get super excited! I'm hoping this will make the Holidays brighter. haha.