Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
knot sealer and knot bleaching
08-23-2009, 05:17 PM,
knot sealer and knot bleaching
Hey guys i've been wearing for 3 months and yet ive completely avoided the sealer and bleacher as i've been completely happy with how its looked without it. But as my piece is starting to get older i wanted to look into things that will help make it last longer and look better. What are the best products to use as knot sealer + bleaching and are they majorly worth buying - if yes explain why?
08-23-2009, 05:34 PM,
Re: knot sealer and knot bleaching
Check the info link sticky, this subject has been beaten to death...
08-23-2009, 06:25 PM,
It just gave an instructional on how to apply. :/

What brand knot sealer do you people use and is it worth buying?
08-23-2009, 06:35 PM,
ah, i lost soo much hair from my first two weeks of wearing because 1 i didnt use hair clips when attaching my hair ( its few inches long) and it got stuck to the tape underneath the piece ended up being ripped out. 2 i wasn't releasing properly as i never saw anyone do it or watched an instructional on it. If you release properly let the alcohol go through the lace from the top let it soak for a mnute it makes the piece come off so easily aslong as the tape is still reasonably strongly stuck to your scalp. but it hurts abit pulling the tape off your bare scalp but id rather yank tape off my scalp than off my base as i know which is stronger.

I was looking into knot sealer as i get randomly alot of hair falling out during styling and combing even though im really gentle with it . even when i put my hand through my wig hair i get few strands in my hand i hope knot sealer helps reduce this. If thats what it does.
08-23-2009, 11:37 PM,
Do a search on the old and new forum.
There's a lot of threads on this.
08-24-2009, 12:21 AM,
Thanks if you're not getting any shedding i should check it out
08-25-2009, 08:18 AM,
danger, i'm so glad to hear you are releasing properly now.....it shouldn't hurt getting the tape off your scalp if you do it properly. use an adhesive remover (like PURE) , apply it to the scalp/tape and in a few minutes, it peels off easily. many people that have rashes on their scalps, its not from the tape itself or any kind of reaction to tape...it's from pulling the tape off their skin without using any adhesive remover!!!
so its very important to do it properly.
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
08-25-2009, 08:50 AM,
ah i totally do but as my hair still grows reasonably well from where i attach my tape every accept the hairline anyway i can feel the tape pulling on hair. I